JCPS Student Enrollment
Kindergarten registration for the 2022-2023 school year will begin February 1, 2022. JCPS is now collecting online kindergarten enrollment applications. On March 1, 2022 we began taking appointments for parents who were unable to complete online kindergarten registration process, or for those who need face-to-face assistance with the registration process. Children must be five years old on or before August 31, 2022, to enroll. Online registration will take approximately 15-20 minutes. After completing enrollment, parents will be prompted to complete additional forms in their parent's dashboard. Parents will receive an email from Scribbles for incomplete forms.
Looking for assistance?
We have established a help-line with someone available to answer your questions! Call or text 888-90-ENROLL, or 888-903-6765 with your questions. There is also an active live chat on this page, simply look for the red chat bubble in the bottom right corner. Or you can reach us by email email@example.com. The JCPS Enrollment center will have staff on hand to assist Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
Is your student interested in applying to the JCPS Virtual Academy or one of our Choice Programs?
We're accepting applications for those programs online now! Simply visit our Scribbles website directly to apply, or sign in below to get started.
Ready to Enroll?
Simply sign into your account below, or visit our Scribbles site directly to get started. If you are a new user and need to create a Scribbles account, simply click "Create an Account" below to get started.
JCPS Enrollment Processes
JCPS has implemented an online registration process for all students. This process has increased our efficiency and effectiveness in collecting the required data, but does not prevent the need for a face-to-face meeting at your child's school.
Enrollment procedures and requirements may vary from district to district and state to state. Please carefully read the information below to make the enrollment process a smooth and successful experience.
If you do not have access to a computer or tablet, you will need to contact the JCPS Enrollment Center to set up an appointment for a face-to-face meeting to complete your registration. The JCPS Enrollment Center can be contacted by calling 888-90-ENROLL, or 888-903-6765. If you do not have an email account, you will have an opportunity to create one from the online registration form. Online registration will take approximately 15-20 minutes. After completing enrollment, parents will be prompted to complete additional forms in their parent's dashboard. Parents will receive an email from Scribbles for incomplete forms.
It is important for parents or guardians to choose the school that serves their address to register their children.
Need to confirm your child's school? Click here to access School Finder
If you need to schedule a face-to-face meeting at the JCPS Enrollment Center, we ask that you please bring the following to your appointment:
- Proof of Residency - proof of homeownership, signed lease agreement, utility bill (gas, water, utilities) in your name, rental receipt, current listing on income tax forms, personal property tax listings. If the document provided is not from within the past 30 days, additional proof may be requested. (A driver’s license is not adequate proof of residency)
- Proof of Age - child’s birth certificate or other documented proof of age (Examples: birth certificate or hospital birth record recorded before age 5; or a religious record which shows your date of birth and was recorded before age 5. Other examples: If you cannot obtain the preferred evidence of your child’s age, you will be asked for other convincing evidence that shows the date of birth or age at a certain time, such as: an original family bible or family record; school records; census records; a statement signed by the physician or midwife who was present at your birth; insurance policies; a passport; a delayed birth certificate, or an immigration or naturalization record.)
- Immunization/Health Assessment Record - must meet NC immunization / health assessment requirements and the Board of Education's immunization policy.
- Photo I.D. - a parent/guardian's picture identification with the same name as listed on the child's documented proof of age.
- Physical - a physical examination form from a health care provider.I
If possible, we encourage parents and guardians to upload these vital documents through the online enrollment process.
Important Dates for 2022-2023 School Year
- February 1, 2022 - Online Registration for Kindergarten Enrollment Opens
- March 1, 2022 - Face-to-Face Appointments become available at the JCPS Enrollment Center
- May 15, 2022- Kindergarten Resassignment Opens
- June 2, 2022 - Last Day for New Student Enrollment for the 2021-2022 School Year (Applies to New Students in Grades K-12)
New students to JCPS in grades K-12 who need to register for the current school year can continue to enroll at any point before the last day of the calendar school year. New students should complete the Scribbles online registration process, which can be found linked here.
Johnston County Public Schools has compiled detailed information on the Student Reassignment process for those with very specific needs. Please visit the Student Reassignment site for more information.
Because North Carolina does not offer preschool for all children, children have to qualify for one of our preschool services in order to attend one of our classrooms. You will be unable to register your child(ren) until they have been accepted. How we serve our preschool families can be found on the JCPS Preschool page.