- Smithfield-Selma High
Return to Headlines
Friday, 4/5/19: No School for Students
- Attention all current, past, and future Spartans! You and all other members of our community are invited to an afternoon of fun at the #SSStrong Community Day! This FREE and famous event is held right here at the SSS football field on Saturday, April 13th from 1 until 3. Join our community for an afternoon of fun!
- Order your 2018-2019 SSS Yearbook! Just go to yearbookordercenter.com and enter Code 1251 for SSS. THE LAST DAY TO ORDER IS APRIL 20TH!
Attention Seniors! The Herff Jones representative will be here on Tuesday, April 9th during all Lunches in the Cafeteria Lobby to deliver your graduation and cap & gown orders. Please remember your balance due. Only cash or money order is accepted on delivery day. Seniors that have not ordered their cap & gown must order it on-line at: www.highschool.herffjones.com
- All teachers: Please make certain that all of your students complete the Student Survey. After they complete it, email BOTH Mr. Barrett and Mr. Mellott advising them that the survey has been completed. Students will click on the link on the SSS website slide and use their student ID number as their access code. All students need to complete both surveys accessible through the link. 3rd and 4th block teachers: If you have students who are not on campus during second block, please make certain that they comnplete the surveys.
- Rho Kappa has reopened the application process for the next two weeks! Applications are on Mr. Bradshaw's door (room 2103). Turn all parts of your application in to Mr. Bradshaw by Friday, April 12th.
- Students, practice your career readiness skills by taking WorkKeys practice questions! Just click on the link shown on the SSS website slide and on Twitter.
- Seniors: interested in being considered for DOZENS of local scholarships? Then fill out the 20-for-1 application! The link is on the SSS website. Completed applications must be submitted by the end of the day on Tuesday, April 9th.
- The Media Center will be closed on Tuesday for testing.
- Asheboro Leadership Retreat participants: Please use your orange passes to come to Shop 6 during Spartan Success for a mandatory information meeting.
- Congratulations to the SSS Navy JROTC Drill Team and Color Guard for taking Second Place Overall at the Clayton High School Annual Regional Drill Competition! Spartan cadets won multiple trophies in multiple events, including Color Guard and Armed & Unarmed Regulation Drill at the Platoon and Squad level.