- Smithfield-Selma High
Return to Headlines
Friday, 3/29/19: PROM at The Farm at 42
- First Priority will meet in the auditorium during Spartan Success Thursday (3/27/19) along with FCA.
- Teachers, this is a quick reminder to complete your entries into the Academic Awards spreadsheet that was shared in the SSS Daily News. The deadline is this Friday. Contact Mr. Barrett with any questions.
- The Media Center will be reserved on Thursday for a Principal Fellows meeting.
- All teachers and students: We will be completing student surveys during class time. They MUST be completed before the end of the day on Thursday, April 4th. Teachers, if you have a Chromecart or a laptop cart in your room for all of your classes and will take care of the survey in your classroom, email BOTH Mr. Barrett and Mr. Mellott so that we can check you off on our list. Your email will serve as documentation that your students completed the survey. All other classes will be contacted to report to the Media Center to complete the survey (or other arrangements will be made).
- Students attending the Asheboro Leadership Retreat need to attend a mandatory informational meeting on April 1st in Mrs. Pike's room, Shop 6, on the shop hall. Please also check your email for further information about this meeting.
- The home soccer and softball games for today are cancelled.
- Please excuse the Men's golf team at 12:30 today for their match.
- All seniors going on the senior trip MUST go by and see Walters in room 1102 before Tuesday at Noon. Again, this is not optional if you're going on the trip.
- The Drama Club will meet in the auditorium on Wednesday, 3/27 during Spartan Success. Sign up outside of Student Services or at the auditorium.
- Juniors and Seniors: Go online and VOTE for your Prom Court! All votes need to be submitted by the end of the school day on Wednesday, 3/27. Just click on the link beneath the relevant website slide. You must be logged into your school Gmail to vote.
- SHOUT OUT to our very own Unified Athlete DJ Woodard! He has been the manager for the Spartan Baseball team this season, last Friday night in the game against West Johnston he got the chance to step up to the plate. DJ had one strike and on the next pitch he knocked it out to left field. The West player and first baseman had a bad connection which resulted in DJ scoring a homerun. If you see DJ today be sure to congratulate him on a job well done as a manager and also an amazing homerun score for the Spartans.
- Students, practice your career readiness skills by taking WorkKeys practice questions! Just click on the link shown on the SSS website slide and our school's Twitter page.
- Seniors--interested in being considered for dozens of local scholarships? Fill out the 20-for-1 application, due at the end of the day on Tuesday, April 3rd. The link is on the SSS website.
- Prom is THIS FRIDAY! If you have not found that perfect dress yet or would like to see what is available here at the SSS Prom Store, please come by Room 1102 to see what is avaiulable in your size.
In an effort to showcase our focus on literacy at SSS, we will have a tent at the #SSStrong Saturday, April 13. The tent will be totally stocked with book donations and will provide a free source for anyone to grab a book and read. We are hoping to collect books for all ages and from all genres. So clean out those closets, stop lugging those heavy boxes around, and donate your gently-used books to the literacy tent!Books can be dropped off in Ms. Andino's office over the next few weeks. Thank you for your support!
- Any senior who is interested in a senior ad for yearbook, please contact Ms. Cherry in room 1101.
- Vote for your SSS Super Hero! You can vote once a day every day through the end of March. Just click on the link on the relevant website slide.
- Order your 2018-2019 yearbook today! Just go to yearbookordercenter.com and enter Code 1251 for SSS. THE LAST DAY TO ORDER IS APRIL 20TH!
Juniors and Seniors: It is almost time for us to celebrate "All that Jazz" at our Prom this year on Friday March, 29th 2019 from 7-11 P.M. at The Farm on Highway 42 close to Flowers Plantation.Students, it is important for you to be at the Prom meeting Friday morning March, 29th. The meeting will begin after 1st block in the auditorium. We will give further details as we get closer to this date. It is important to attend the meeting so that you will receive your tickets for the prom. If you have any specific questions please see Mr. Simpkins or Mrs. Madsen.