- Smithfield-Selma High
Return to Headlines
- The girls soccer team will be hosting both the Smithfield Middle and Selma Middle school soccer teams on our soccer field this Monday at 4:15. There is no charge to come watch! Please come out and support our feeder pattern! Concessions will be run by the Senior Class as well for a Fundraiser.
Attention Step Team Participants: The step team will be meeting in Ms. Dufour's room (2108) during Spartan Success on Friday, February 22.
- If you signed-up to be a Special Olympics chaperone, the mandatory orientation training is Monday, February 25 in the auditorium during Spartan Success. Your $10 t-shirt money is due at this time. Please be prompt.
The SSS Spartan Voices are currently taking orders for Krispy Kreme Glazed doughnuts. The cost per box is $8.00.In addition to boxes being available for purchase, certificates for the doughnuts are also available at $8.00 each. Please see any chorus member to place an order. Thank you for your support of our choral music program at SSS.
- Members of JoCo Teen Drivers, please check your email for important information regarding our upcoming field trip.
- Juniors: On Wednesday, February 20th, you will be taking the ACT test. Please make sure you get a good night's sleep on Tuesday the 19th and a hearty breakfast on Wednesday morning. We need all juniors to make sure that you are present and on time Wednesday. If you have any questions regarding the test, please see your teacher, Mr. Simpkins, or Ms. Ward.
- 2nd Block Teachers: Just a quick reminder to review the ACT Question-of-the-Day with your students and email your class's answer to Ms. Ward before the end of 2nd block. Keep competing for that pizza party!
- SENIORS GOING ON SENIOR TRIP, Money is Due NO LATER THAN MARCH 1st. Please go by Mrs Walters room 1102 and get your papers. ALSO GO SIGN UP WITH MRS RAIFORD FOR FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY.
- SENIOR NIGHT OUT!!! YOU HEARD IT RIGHT, SPREAD THE WORD, SENIORS WE ARE GETTING OUT OF HERE FOR A EVENING OF FUN. THIS MONTH WE ARE GOING BOWLING AT RAINBOW LANES FEBRUARY 21ST 7-9. PLEASE SIGN UP OUTSIDE MRS RAIFORD'S DOOR 1203 IF GOING SO WE CAN RESERVE ENOUGH LANES. AGAIN THATS FEBRUARY 21ST AT RAINBOW LANES. WE ONLY HAVE A FEW MONTHS LEFT LETS MAKE AS MANY AWESOME MEMORIES AS WE CAN.
- Students, prepare for wintry weather by taking the next Driver's Education class! The Student/Parent meeting will be held on 2/13 at 6:30 pm. Classes begin 2/19.
- SSS will be hosting a Blood Drive on 2/26 in the SSS Gym. Sign up through any HOSA member or see Dr. Yarasheski in Room 1504. High school blood drives are vital in meeting the needs of patients in local hospitals.
- Order your 2018-2019 SSS Yearbook today! Just go to yearbookordercenter.com and enter Code 1251 for SSS!
- Students, remember to turn in your Photo Release Form to Mr. Barrett in the Media Center.
- Asheboro Fundraiser participants- our meeting originally scheduled for today will be rescheduled for Monday, February 25th in Froehbrodt´s room, 2203.
- Ms. Johnson needs to meet with all cheerleaders for a brief meeting at the beginning of Homeroom (Spartan Success) in the cafeteria. She will issue notes to class for each cheerleader that she meet with.
- The HOSA Club will meet Tuesday 2/19/19 in Room 1504 during Spartan Success. Please make every effort to be there.
- Any student who is interested in taking CCP classes through JCC in the Fall, see Coach McGrath in Student Services.