- Smithfield-Selma High
Return to Headlines
Friday, 2/15/19 - Special Afternoon Activity Schedule
- Baseball tryouts will be held Feb 14th and 15th at 2:40. If you plan on attending tryouts and have not seen coach Brown yet please do so in room 2404. Must have a valid physical, concussion form, consent to treat form, and be registered on "Register my athelete" to participate.
- Any SENIORS interested in taking the ASVAB next Wednesday, February 20th, please come by and sign up with Mrs. Cindy Allen in room 1300 by this Friday, February 15th.
- Students, prepare for wintry weather by taking the next Driver's Education class! The Student/Parent meeting will be held on 2/13 at 6:30 pm. Classes begin 2/19.
- SSS will be hosting a Blood Drive on 2/26 in the SSS Gym. Sign up through any HOSA member or see Dr. Yarasheski in Room 1504. High school blood drives are vital in meeting the needs of patients in local hospitals.
- Order your 2018-2019 SSS Yearbook today! Just go to yearbookordercenter.com and enter Code 1251 for SSS!
- Students, remember to turn in your Photo Release Form to Mr. Barrett in the Media Center.
- Join us tonight for Senior Night as the Spartans compete with Clayton. The basketball game starts at 4:30 here at SSS.
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Mens 400 Freestyle Relay! Jacob Gibbons, Hampton Moore, Drew Topoly and Dalton Batten represented the Spartans for the first time since 2007 at States in a team relay. The men dropped another 4 seconds to lower their team record to 3:56.52. The dream team had an amazing 4 years and ended on a top note. Jacob broke a minute for the first time, Hampton kept the team in the race, Drew dropped another second off his best time going a 57. And Dalton gave it all he had to finish up strong. Congratulations again to the SSS Swim Team on an amazing season.
- SENIORS GOING ON SENIOR TRIP, Money is Due NO LATER THAN MARCH 1st. Please go by Mrs Walters room 1102 and get your papers. ALSO GO SIGN UP WITH MRS RAIFORD FOR FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY.
- SENIOR NIGHT OUT!!! YOU HEARD IT RIGHT, SPREAD THE WORD, SENIORS WE ARE GETTING OUT OF HERE FOR A EVENING OF FUN. THIS MONTH WE ARE GOING BOWLING AT RAINBOW LANES FEBRUARY 21ST 7-9. PLEASE SIGN UP OUTSIDE MRS RAIFORD'S DOOR 1203 IF GOING SO WE CAN RESERVE ENOUGH LANES. AGAIN THATS FEBRUARY 21ST AT RAINBOW LANES. WE ONLY HAVE A FEW MONTHS LEFT LETS MAKE AS MANY AWESOME MEMORIES AS WE CAN.
- Men's and Women's spring track will meet this Wednesday after school. Please bring dress out clothes. Meet in gym lobby! If you haven't filled out RMA or turned in your physical and concussion form please take care of this by Wednesday. If you need help see Coach Morris or Coach Bradshaw! Looking forward to seeing you all!
- Congratulations to Fernando Cruz who finished 10th at the 3A State Championship in a new school record time of 2:39:70. Great job, Fernando!
- Congrats to our swim state qualifiers for finishing off a great season this past Friday night at states!
- Starting Monday, Mu Alpha Theta members will be taking orders for Valentines day "Sparta Sweet Surprise". Every "Surprise" costs $1 and you can order as many as you want (money first). The last day to place your order for your loved one, best friend or just because you want to express your spartan love is Wednesday, Feb 13. Deliveries will take place February 14.
- If you are interested in taking CCP classes through JCC this fall, stop by Student Services to speak with Ciach McGrath.
- 2nd Block Teachers: Just a quick reminder to review the ACT Question-of-the-Day with your students and email your class's answer to Ms. Ward before the end of 2nd block. Keep competing for that pizza party!