- Smithfield-Selma High
Return to Headlines
- Attention All Second Block Teachers: Every day from today through February 19th, review the ACT Question-of-the-Day with your second block class. When your students have discussed and arrived at a consensus about the answer, email that answer to Ms. Ward BEFORE the end of second block. See the announcement in today's SSS Daily News for the link to the questions and for more details. The class that answers the most questions correctly will win a delicious PIZZA PARTY! This is going to be fun, so make certain that you send in your answer every day!
- All boys interested in playing tennis in the Spring please come by Room 2104 during Spartan Success today to get information.
- There will be a meeting Thursday during Spartan Success for those wanting to participate on the SSS Men's Golf Team in Room 1602. See Coach Allmon with questions.
- Shout Out to the Women's and Men's Swim Team!! They finished up the regular season Friday night with some huge swims and TONS OF BEST TIMES AND FAST RACING. The team had 27 top 8 finishes for the night! The group rallied together and both Men's and Women's teams came from behind in the last relay to beat out Cleveland girls and Clayton boys to get 2nd in both. Way to go Swimmers!! We will know next week who will continue and represent the Spartans at Regionals in Cary in 2 weeks. If you see a swimmer please congratulate them on a great regular season.
- This year students of SSS have started its very own GSA. If you're interested in becoming a member or just want more information, sign up using the bit.ly on Mr. Lockwood's door, room 2206. The first meeting is this Friday, the 25th of January. Come on out to our GSA!
- Chick-fil-A Academy members are reminded that they must check in with their second block teacher to receive permission before attending today's Leader Lab in 1309.
- The JoCo Family has been collecting ring tabs for the Ronald McDonald house for 7 years. Families who are facing economic hardship due to illness stay at the Ronald McDonald house for free, and the collected ring tabs help to pay for their expenses. For example, our ring tabs help pay for additional food, gas, clothing, diapers, and other necessities. Please place your ring tabs in the collection bucket outside the Attendance window. Also, please consider donating one of the items shown on the wish list by the bucket. Thank you for your willingness to participate in this very worthwhile project.
- JoCo Teen Drivers will meet this Thursday, 1/24, in Room 1303 during Spartan Success.
- This year, our Johnston County Public Schools Honor (All-County) Choir will be taking place on January 28th and 29th at Cleveland High School. The guest clinician will be Dr. Jaeyoon Kim, UNC Pembroke Vocal Studies. This two-day event will conclude with a performance taking place at Cleveland High School on January 29th. The performance begins at 7:30 pm and is free. Your presence is requested and greatly appreciated. Congratulations to Christy Hinnefeld and Myiah King who were selected to be part of the Honor Choir.
- SSS will hold its Cupid's Craft and Vendor Fair on Saturday, February 2nd from 10 am until 3 pm. This is a great opportunity to buy that Valentine's Day gift or buy something for yourself.
- Order your 2018-2019 Yearbook today! Just go to yearbookordercenter.com and enter Code 1251 for SSS.
Monday, 1/21/19: No School in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.