- Smithfield-Selma High
Return to Headlines
- ALL FOOTBALL players, as well as those interested in playing next year, NEED to be in a meeting in the auditorium this Friday 11-30-18 during the homeroom/spartan success block.
- Juniors and sophomores! Are you interested in going on a field trip next thursday, Dec 6, to Cape Fear Community College and UNC Wilmington? Please see Ms. Laird in Student Services for a permission slip.
- First Priority club will meet today in Mr. Howard's room (2314) during Spartan Success. This meeting is for current club members only. Each student should report to their 3rd block class prior to coming to club and must have a pass from their teacher to attend. Thank you and Hope to see you there!
- The HOSA Club is sponsoring a Toy drive with the Toys for Tots Program. Please bring a new unwrapped toy for a child to have this Christmas morning. Collection Boxes are located in the Main Office and in Dr. Yarasheski's Room - 1504. Please help to make a child's Christmas special.
- Need to makeup missing work for your classes? Makeup Academy will be open Monday, December 3 through Thursday, December 6 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm in Room 2310. Computers will be available for your use.
- Baseball will have practice Today, Thursday, and Friday from 2:45 - 4:15. Must have a valid physical to participate. See Coach Brown in room 2404 for details.
- Future Bestselling Authors will meet during Spartan Success on Wednesday in the Media Center. Please bring a writing sample to share!
The SSS Spartan Voices are currently taking orders for Krispy Kreme Glazed doughnuts. The cost per box is $8.00. In addition to boxes being available for purchase, certificates for the doughnuts are also available at $8.00 each. Please see any chorus member to place an order. Thank you for your support of our choral music program at SSS.
- Don't be left out of the Yearbook! Underclassmen and staff picture retakes for the Yearbook are this thursday, November 29th in the Gym. Students may order their pictures online or pick up an order form in Room 1101.
- United Way of the Greater Triangle needs your support to end poverty in our community. Donate $1 and receive a gift! See Ms. Robertson in Student Services for more details.
- There will be a new Driver's Ed Class beginning Wednesday, November 28-Thursday, December 13. The Parent Meeting will be Tuesday, November 27. Please go online to register. You can find the registration link on the SSS web page located under Students, Student Documents, Driver's Education. If you have any questions, please see Coach Rose.
- Order your 2018-2019 Yearbook today! Just go to yearbookordercenter.com and enter code 1251 for SSS.
- **STUDENTS MUST TURN IN THEIR PHOTO RELEASE FORM TO MR. BARRETT IN THE MEDIA CENTER. SEE MR. BARRETT OR ANOTHER TEACHER IF YOU NEED A COPY.**