- Smithfield-Selma High
- There is no school on Monday, 11/12 in observance of Veterans Day.
- On Monday at 11 am, SSS wll hold a Veterans Day observance to honor all who served in the armed forces. All Johnston County veterans are invited to attend this special event in the SSS Gymnaisum.
- All teachers should have received hard copies of Photo Release forms in both English and Spanish two weeks ago. Please collect these forms from all your students and return them to Mr. Barrett in the Media Center. See him if extra copies are needed. Make certain that students' names are legible at the top of the document.
- There will be a new Driver's Ed class beginning Wednesday, November 28 through Thursday, December 13th. The Parent Meeting will be Tuesday, November 27th. Please go online to register. You can find the registration link on the SSS webpage located under the "Students" tab. See Coach Rose with any questions.
- Please be reminded that students and staff are to park in the designated parking lots. Unauthorized vehicles in other areas will be booted or possibly towed beginning on Tuesday, November 13th. If you need assistance with purchasing a parking pass, please come to the front office. Teachers, plaese make sure your parking pass is displayed properly.
- There will be a Booster Club meeting for parents at 6 pm on 11/13 in the SSS Cafeteria.
- There will be a Winter Sports meeting at 7 pm on 11/13 in the SSS Gym.
- Order your 2018-2019 Yearbook! Just go to yearbookordercenter.com and enter Code 1251.
Wednesday, 11/7/18: PM Activity Schedule
- Spartan Splash Activities will commence today
- Would you like to see some of your favorite faculty get a pie in the face? Does Mr. Parker need a nice cool whip beard? Should Ms. McGrath have a cool whip hair do? Or would you like to see our faithful leader Mr. Allen wearing a pie on his face? Interact will be collecting money this Friday and all next week for its pie mafia event. Have you donations ready during 2nd block and see who will earn their pie in the face for your viewing pleasure.
- Pre-IB and IB Spanish department will be celebrating a special event which involves educational facts. We are having a “Hispanic Heritage Celebration" a celebration of diversity in our world. This special event will take place in the Media Center on November 9th.
- Indoor Track practices will start on Wednesday, November 7th. All student-athletes must have a physical, signed concussion form, and completed online registration on Register My Athlete .com. We will meet Coach Bradshaw's room (2103) at 2:15.
- Congrats to Drew Topoly who finished 46th out 193 runners in the 3A state meet. Great season, Drew!
- The Cosmetics Club will be offering face painting and eye shadow for the Color Run! This will be going on during lunches the day of, as well as at the actual event. Face paint is $1, eye shadow is $1, or $2 for both. We hope to see you at our table!
Digital Citizenship Tip of the Week: Students are strongly encouraged to change their school Gmail passwords to make them more secure. Do NOT continue using the old method. Create a password that you will remember but will be difficult for others to guess. Consider adding symbols and numbers to add complexity to your new password. See Mr. Barrett in the Media center if you need help.