- Smithfield-Selma High
Return to Headlines
- Interested in joining the dance team for basketball season? Well there will be an interest meeting for you this week in the cafeteria on Friday 10/26 during spartan success Hope to see you there!!
- Attention students who are going to the International Festival, we will meet on Friday afternoon in the auditorium after school. The bus will be leaving at 3 pm. Remember that you will have to bring whatever you have with you at school to the festival. And don't forget money for food and souvenirs! See Madame Chvatal in 2303 with questions.
- Updates to this week's athletic schedule: JV Football vs. Clayton will be played Wednesday night at home, starting at 6:30. Varsity Football vs. Clayton will be played Thursday night at 7.
- All teachers should have received hard copies of both the English and Spanish versions of the county's photo release form last week. Please begin collecting these forms from all your students and return them to Mr. Barrett in the Media Center. Please let him know if you need extra copies. Make certain that each student's name is printed legibly at the top of the form. Contact Mr. Barrett with any questions.
- Attention Seniors: The Herff Jones representative will be at SSS today during ALL lunches in the Cafeteria Lobby to take your graduation announcement and cap & gown orders. Remember to bring your down payment and order form. Extra order forms may be picked up in the Main Office.
- On Thursday, the SSS Cross Country team finished the regular season at Wendell Park. The Lady Spartans took 4th with personal best performances from Tionna Burt in 24:06, Sarah Duncan with a 24:41, Cristina Martinez in 25:43, Olivia Garvey in 26:17, and Lorena Garcia in 32:11. Mary Kate Niswonger ran a gutsy race to take 21st.
The Men of Sparta locked up 3rd place in the final conference standings defeating Cleveland for the second time by a score of 72-78. Drew Topoly led the team with a 6th place finish in 17:04, while Fernando Cruz followed close behind in 8th place with a time of 17:49. However, it was the trio of Daniel Garcia, Adrian Mark Cuppett, and Adrian "Chito" Garcia that secured the win for the Spartans by finishing 18th, 23rd, and 24th respectively. Seniors Ramon Jimenez and Luis Chavez also played key roles taking 27th and 37th. Meanwhile, Daniel Rodriguez, Jayquan Francis, and Dannys Ayala all ran personal best times to finish the season.The Spartans will start the post-season at Red Oak for the regional meet next Saturday.
Monday, 10/22/18--No School for Students