Return to Headlines

April 12, 2019

 

Today is B Day.

ACT Question of the Day

Vocabulary Word of the Day

ACC Barnstorming is sponsoring Johnston Co. Select HS Senior players vs. ACC select senior basketball players on April 15.  You may purchase tickets from Mrs. Vickie Braswell in the media center and receive a Duke or Carolina T-shirt while supplies last.  Tickets are $16 in advance and $18 at the door.

Prom tickets are on sale for $80. The last day to purchase a prom ticket is April 12. All money and forms need to be turned in by the end of 2nd Block.

PHS Varsity Cheerleaders will be holding their Annual Cheer Clinic for children ages 4-12 on April 13 in the Deacon Jones Gym from 1:00 - 4:00. If you have younger siblings who would like to attend see Ms. Leslie for information.

The answer to yesterday’s financial literacy question: A YouTuber with over 1.4 million views a month can expect to earn about $1400 in monthly income. The top 3 percent of channels get 90 percent of the viewership, which means that 90 percent of YouTube creators are fighting over the remaining 10 percent.  Alexis Reliford is the winner of the gift card and should see Mrs. Farrior today.

Any FFA member interested in applying to be an officer next school year should pick up an application from Ms. Drummond’s room ASAP. Applications are due April 15th!!

HS Students:  Prom line dance practice will start taking place on Fridays during Bark & Bite, beginning at 12:45 on the far end of the HS gym.  

Any senior interested in a career in computer game simulation or game development should see Mrs. Farrior by Friday for a chance at a free ticket to the East Coast Game Conference in Raleigh on April 16th.

Seniors who scored a Silver or higher on WorkKeys are reminded to see Mrs. Farrior to order your graduation cord.

Attention 8th grade students attending the 8th grade dance...Please remind your parents that they will need to sign you in at the dance and out afterwards.  Also Milltown Java will be open during the dance so they can go hang out there while they are waiting to pick you up (and sign you out) when the dance is over.

MS FBLA students need to stop by Mrs. Rast’s room today after announcements to pick up permission forms for Education Day at Five County Stadium.

Congratulations to the Boys Middle School baseball team on their 10-0 win over Meadow.  Weston Evans picked up the win on the mound throwing a NO HITTER while striking out 14. Daniel Kornegay led the offense with a HR while Peyton Mitchell, Weston Evans, Marty Holland, Landon Murphy, Tyler Kleinfelter, Vincent Belcher all collected hits for the Dawgs.  

Students needing to take the Work Keys test should report to student services after announcements.

What does a librarian use to bait her hook when she goes fishing?

BOOKWORMS!