- Polenta Elementary
2019-2020 School Information
1. Returning students to JCPS schools should have their emergency contact address and phone number updated in PowerSchool. Parents should log in to the Parent Portal and use the "Returning Students" button to make updates. JCPS has a website dedicated to helping parents understand how to use the Parent Portal. If you have issues logging into the PowerSchool Parent Portal, please contact our data manager at Polenta Elementary for assistance.
2. Our Before & After School Program for the 2019-2020 school year is currently filled. If you are interested in your child being on the ¨wait list,¨ you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org Our Before & After School Program will have weekly themes and daily activities based on each week’s theme. If you would like to reserve a slot for your child, complete the application by going to our webpage about this program.
3. Update your transportation information. If your child needs to ride a bus, please complete (and submit) the Google TIMS Form for our school. Please remember to tell your child's teacher which bus or other form of transportation your child will use. (Transportation changes can be made during the year for specific situations or if your needs change.)
4. Attend Orientation on August 21st (or Sept. 4th for kindergarten) to meet your child's teacher and locate their classroom. A post card will be sent out to all families with teacher assignment for grades 1-5. All families should recieve this information in the mail on either August 19th or 20th.
5. Get supplies for your child based on the grade he/she will be attending. Check the 2019-2020 Supply List. If you need assistnace with purchasing supplies because of a financial burden, you can contact our school counselors email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Sign up for the "Here Comes the Bus" app to be able to get notifications for when your child's bus is nearing his/her stop. This will help to ensure that children are not at bus stops longer than necessary.