ECA students must pay CAPS (Campus Access, Parking and Security) fees each semester they take JCC courses. Students may request a waiver for these fees if they have a documented financial hardship (such as approval for Free and Reduced Lunch). IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR CAPS FEES WAIVED FOR NEXT SEMESTER (FALL 2023), YOU MUST RETURN A SIGNED WAIVER FORM NO LATER THAN JUNE 1. Keep in mind that most students' last exam is May 12th or 15th, so if you are unable to return it by then, you will have to make a special trip to campus (Wilson 1040). Your high school teacher will have a copy of the form to give you in class. Ms. Martin will also have some available at the front desk.
- CAPS fees are $4 per credit hour, and it is based on the courses you are enrolled in on the first day of classes.
- You can pick up a CAPS fee waiver form from the ECA front office or from your high school teacher.
- The deadline for students to return CAPS Fee Waiver Forms is Thursday, June 1, 2023. Students can return completed forms to the ECA front office (if turned in by May 17) or the CCP office in Wilson Building Suite C1040 (if turned in between May 18-June 1).
- The CAPS Fee Waiver Form must be completed by hand. Electronic signatures cannot be accepted.
- If your waiver was not approved, JCC will email invoices to the student’s JCC email account students beginning Wednesday, August 23, 2023.
- Students should not pay any fees until after Wednesday, August 23, 2023.
- If your waiver is not approved, the deadline to pay Fall CAPS Fees is Wednesday, September 6, 2023.