Information for Future Students & Parents
Johnston County Early College Academy is a four- or five-year program (grades 9-13) located on the campus of Johnston Community College. Students are dual-enrolled in high school and college classes. Upon graduation from JCECA, students will have obtained their high school diploma and a two-year Associates Degree. Students can choose from the following pathways: college transfer (earning an Associate of Arts, Science, or Engineering), STEM (earning an Associate of Engineering or Associate of Science with an Engineering Concentration), or Nursing (earning an Associate Degree in General Education Nursing).
Learn more about our school:
- Informational Presentation
- Quick Facts
- If you were unable to attend the two JCPS Choice Programs Family Information Nights, watch the recorded presentation below:
Learn more about the pathways:
- The College Transfer pathway is for students who know they want to attend a four-year university, but don't yet know what they want to major in or what career they want to pursue. As you progress and prepare for graduation, you will be able to choose between earning an Associate of Arts, Sciences, or Engineering.
- The STEM pathway is for students who know they want a career in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and/or math. The requirements for this pathway include more math and science classes, and the program sets students up to enter competitive STEM programs at four-year universities.
- The Nursing pathway is for students who are interested in any of the health science fields. The courses in this program fulfill the requirements to enter most nursing programs (RN) at four-year universities, as well as align with other health science programs such as radiology and sonography.
Learn more about the application:
- Current 8th graders residing in Johnston County are invited to apply.
- Deadline: February 21, 2023
- The application for the 2023-24 school year is now closed.
School Contacts: Principal Robert Daniels (email@example.com) and Melody Casey (firstname.lastname@example.org)