- Clayton High
Weekly update for December 13th - December 17th, 2021
First, before I begin about this week, I want to thank the hundreds of parents and students who communicated and discussed the social media issues I noted last week and the many of you who reported concerns. Thanks to the responsible actions of many, we were able to shut down several bullying and harassing pages and hold responsible those who were behind it. We will continue to monitor sites and take action accordingly. Again, I thank you parents and students for your support as we do all we can to keep our school a safe and welcoming environment for all students. As a reminder, our tiplines will stay open and anonymous reporting links are on our website.
Turning to this week, we have reached our exam week! The exam schedule is posted on our website. Tomorrow, students will take exams in their 1st and 4th block classes. On Tuesday, they will take 2nd and 3rd block exams and on Wednesday, students will take their 5th block exam or EOC. A couple of important reminders about testing.
1. Students need to bring their issued Chromebooks each day fully charged to be prepared for exams. We do not have enough devices on campus for students not to bring the one they have been issued.
2. Students will report to their assigned teacher in the blocks on the exam schedule.
3. Attendance for the sake of passing a course ends when the exam is taken and any absences thereafter are automatically waived.
4. Remember that these exams count 20% of a student’s final grade
5. Students who miss an exam will take the makeup beginning on Wednesday.
6. Students may arrive later if they do not have an exam or review session in the morning session.
7. Students who have early release during 5th block may be dismissed from campus or will report to the auditorium during that period on Monday and Tuesday.
As a reminder, students who have missed more than 4 days in any of their classes must request an attendance waiver in order to receive their numerical grade for their course for the quarter. Attendance waivers are all online and must be requested by the end of the day on Tuesday, December 14th. Information regarding the waiver process can be found on this document. Any remaining medical and parent documentation for absences must be submitted to the main office or via email to our registrar Lynn Rodgers.
We look forward to ending the first semester on a positive note - each student’s best effort is needed on each of these exams to help our school as well as each student. Please encourage your student to get plenty of rest and to do his or her best in each course. I wish you all a peaceful and joyous holiday season. Thank you all for your continued support in being COMETS ALL IN, have a good night, a great week, a fantastic holiday break, and a very Happy New Year!