Click HERE to view the Driver's Ed Information ppt. The presentation provides details on what to expect from the Driver's Ed course, when your child will drive and next steps once the course is completed.
Online payment is now available HERE
If you have any questions, please email Troy Lee at email@example.com.
Click Link above for a detailed document
CHS Driver’s Education
Clayton High School is committed to preparing students for all aspects of driving, including making good decisions, dealing with peer pressure, and understanding the laws that govern driving.
Drivers Education consists of 33 hours of classroom work, a minimum of 6 behind the wheel hours of instruction, and a four hour defensive driving class (Alive at 25). "Alive at 25" is a statewide course developed for teenage drivers in North Carolina.
Student Eligibility Requirements for Drivers Education
● Must be 14 1/2 years or older.
● Must be high school students Only. (8th graders during the summer before 9th grade are eligible.) ● Must attend a Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting with (At least one parent or legal guardian). ● Must sign all paperwork. Students doing the driving portion must be picked up from school and dropped off back at school.
Class Schedule and Requirements:
● A Parent and student must attend the MANDATORY meeting together for the student to be eligible to enroll in the Driver's Education class in the cafeteria.
● Parents DO NOT bring the required fee on the night of the Parent Meeting. A $90.00 fee is required for Drivers Education; $65.00 will go toward the Drivers Ed class, and $25.00 will go toward the Alive@25 class. ● If you receive free or reduced lunch, the fee is $57.50. You do not need to preregister for the Parent Meeting
● Payment can be made in the classroom with check, cash, or money order or you may pay online at https://bit.ly/3PWssAP
● All students are required to take Alive@25 in order to pass and to do the Behind-the-Wheel training. Alive @25 will usually take place on the day immediately following the final day of class.
Parent Meeting attendance is Mandatory for a parent and the driver in order to be enrolled in the class. The meeting is 6:30-8:00 pm in the cafeteria.
Mandatory Parent Meeting Dates
6:30 pm-8:00 pm
2:30 pm-5:30 pm
(June & July 7:30am-12:00pm)
Eye Check and
Alive @ 25
2:30 pm- 6:30 pm
Tuesday, September 6, 2022
September 12th-16th, 19th-22nd, 26th-27th
Wednesday, September 28th
Tuesday,October 4, 2022
October 10th-14th, 17th-21st, 24th
Tuesday, October 25th
Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Nov 28th-30th,Dec 1st-2nd, 6th-10th, 12th
Tuesday, December 13th
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
January 9th-13th, 17th-20th, 23rd-24th
Wednesday, January 25th
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
February 6th-10th, 13th-17th, 21st
Wednesday, February 22nd
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
March 13th-16th, 20th-24th, 27th-28th
Wednesday, March 29th
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
April 11th-14th, 17th-21st, 24th-25th
Wednesday, April 26th
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
May 1st-4th, 8th-12th, 15th-16th
Wednesday, May 17th
Tuesday, June 13, 2023
June 19th-22nd, 26th-28th
Thursday, June 29th
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
July 10th-13th, 17th-9th
Thursday, July 20th