Click here to view the Driver's Ed Information ppt. The presentation provides details on what to expect from the Driver's Ed course, when your child will drive and next steps once the course is completed.
Online payment is now available at k12paymentcenter.com
If you have any questions, please email Troy Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Link above for a detailed document
CHS Driver’s Education
Clayton High School is committed to preparing students for all aspects of driving, including making good decisions, dealing with peer pressure, and understanding the laws that govern driving.
Drivers Education consists of 33 hours of classroom work, a minimum of 6 behind the wheel hours of instruction, and a four hour defensive driving class (Alive at 25). "Alive at 25" is a statewide course developed for teenage drivers in North Carolina.
Student Eligibility Requirements for Drivers Education
- Must be 14 1/2 years or older.
- Must be high school students Only. (8th graders during the summer before 9th grade are eligible.) ● Must attend a Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting with (At least one parent or legal guardian). ● Must sign all paperwork. Students doing the driving portion must be picked up from school and dropped off back at school.
Class Schedule and Requirements:
- A Parent and student must attend the MANDATORY meeting together for the student to be eligible to enroll in the Driver's Education class in the cafeteria.
- Parents DO NOT bring the required fee on the night of the Parent Meeting. A $90.00 fee is required for Drivers Education; $65.00 will go toward the Drivers Ed class, and $25.00 will go toward the Alive@25 class. ● If you receive free or reduced lunch, the fee is $57.50.
- Payment can be made in the classroom with check, cash, or money order or you may pay online at www.k12paymentcenter.com
- All students are required to take Alive@25 in order to pass and to do the Behind-the-Wheel training. Alive @25 will usually take place on the day immediately following the final day of class.
Parent Meeting attendance is Mandatory for a parent and the driver in order to be enrolled in the class. The meeting is 6:30-8:00 pm in the cafeteria.
Mandatory Parent Meeting Dates
6:30 pm-8:00 pm
2:30 pm-5:30 pm
(June & July 7:30am-12:00pm)
Eye Check and
Alive @ 25
2:30 pm- 6:30 pm
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
September 13th-17th, 20th-23rd, 27th-28th
Wednesday, September 29th
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
October 4th-8th, 11th-15th, 19th
Wednesday, October 20th
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
November 1st-5th, 8th-10th, 12th, 15th-16th
Wednesday, November 17th
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
January 10th-14th, 18th-21st, 24th-25th
Thursday, January 26th
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
February 7th-11th, 14th-18th, 22nd
Wednesday, February 23rd
Tuesday, March 1, 2022
March 14th-18th, 21st-25th, 28th
Wednesday, March 29th
Tuesday, March 29, 2022
April 4th-8th, 19th-22nd, 25th-26th
Wednesday, April 27th
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
May 2nd-6th, 9th-13th, 16th
Tuesday, May 17th
Tuesday, June, 7, 2022
June 13th-16th, 20th-22nd
Thursday, June 23rd
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
July 11th-14th, 18th-20th
Thursday, July 21st