Countywide Registration Procedure
Johnston County Public Schools Seeking Kindergarten Registrants
JCPS has implemented an online registration process for kindergarteners. This new process has increased our efficiency and effectiveness in collecting the required data. This process will not prevent the need for a face-to-face meeting at your child's school. If you do not have access to a computer or tablet, you should plan on utilizing the school's technology on the day of your face-to-face meeting. An email account will be required for online registration. If you do not have an email account, you will have an opportunity to create one from the online registration form.
Children must be five years old on or before August 31, 2019 to enroll. Online registration will take approximately 30 - 40 minutes.
It is important for parents or guardians to choose the school that serves their address to register their children.
Need to confirm your child's school? Click here to access School Finder
Please bring the following:
- Proof of Residency - proof of home ownership, signed lease agreement, utility bill (gas, water, electric) in your name, rental receipt, current listing on income tax forms, personal property tax listings. (A driver’s license is not adequate proof of residency)
- Proof of Age - child’s birth certificate or other documented proof of age (Examples: birth certificate or hospital birth record recorded before age 5; or a religious record which shows your date of birth and was recorded before age 5. Other Examples: If you cannot obtain the preferred evidence of your child’s age, you will be asked for other convincing evidence that shows the date of birth or age at a certain time such as: an original family bible or family record; school records; census records; a statement signed by the physician or midwife who was present at your birth; insurance policies; a passport; a delayed birth certificate, or an immigration or naturalization record.)
- Immunization Record - must meet NC immunization requirements and the Board of Education's immunization policy.
- Photo I.D. - a parent/guardian's picture identification with the same name as listed on the child's documented proof of age.
- Physical - a physical examination form