Countywide Registration Procedure
Johnston County Public Schools Seeking Kindergarten Registrants
The window for 2020 Kindergarten Registration began Feb. 17 and ended March 13. For specific questions parents are asked to continue to contact their child's assigned school to make an appointment. More details are available below.
**At this time all scheduled face to face enrollment appointments have been postponed due to school closure. We are asking that parent be patient with schools as they work on rescheduling these appointments. Our recommendation is that you email the school's data manager in order to get addtional information**
JCPS has implemented an online registration process for kindergarteners. This new process has increased our efficiency and effectiveness in collecting the required data. This process will not prevent the need for a face-to-face meeting at your child's school. If you do not have access to a computer or tablet, you should plan on utilizing the school's technology on the day of your face-to-face meeting. An email account will be required for online registration. If you do not have an email account, you will have an opportunity to create one from the online registration form.
Children must be five years old on or before August 31, 2020 to enroll. Online registration will take approximately 30 - 40 minutes.
It is important for parents or guardians to choose the school that serves their address to register their children.
Need to confirm your child's school? Click here to access School Finder
Please bring the following:
- Proof of Residency - proof of home ownership, signed lease agreement, utility bill (gas, water, electric) in your name, rental receipt, current listing on income tax forms, personal property tax listings. (A driver’s license is not adequate proof of residency)
- Proof of Age - child’s birth certificate or other documented proof of age (Examples: birth certificate or hospital birth record recorded before age 5; or a religious record which shows your date of birth and was recorded before age 5. Other Examples: If you cannot obtain the preferred evidence of your child’s age, you will be asked for other convincing evidence that shows the date of birth or age at a certain time such as: an original family bible or family record; school records; census records; a statement signed by the physician or midwife who was present at your birth; insurance policies; a passport; a delayed birth certificate, or an immigration or naturalization record.)
- Immunization Record - must meet NC immunization requirements and the Board of Education's immunization policy.
- Photo I.D. - a parent/guardian's picture identification with the same name as listed on the child's documented proof of age.
- Physical - a physical examination form