Gov. Roy Cooper - Press Conference July 14, 2020
Reopening News and Announcements
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2021
The Johnston County Board of Education voted to return all Pre-K and EC-Self Contained students to Plan B, four days per week, beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 19. These students will participate in face-to-face instruction on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, with Wednesday serving as a remote learning day.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2020
Due to Johnston County being designated a “red” county by the NCDHHS, as well as increased quarantines and COVID cases in the school district as reflected on our dashboard, the Johnston County Board of Education voted to have ALL students, including Pre-K and EC self contained, return to remote learning under Plan C, beginning Monday, December 14 through Friday, January 15.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2020
Every JCPS parent was to fill ou the Second Semester Choice form to choose either the Virtual Program OR face-to-face instruction for each of their students by Monday, Nov. 30. If you were unable to fill out the form by Nov. 30 please contact your child's school for assistance. The form was to be filled out for ALL students in grades PreK-12.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2020
Information on social distancing in school settings has been recently updated by the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS). Upon receiving information from the NCDHHS, we consulted with the Johnston County Public Health Department on the impact these updates will have on our school system.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2020
The Johnston County Board of Education approved a back to school plan at a special called session on Thursday, Sept. 25.
COVID-19 Virtual Call Center
Johnston County Public Schools has activated a Call Center staffed with employees who will virtually answer incoming calls to a toll-free number Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. until further notice.
The toll-free number is 855-527-6397 or 855-JCS-NEWS. While the Call Center will serve as an additional public service, school and central office phone numbers will remain accessible.
- July 14, 2020 - Gov. Cooper announces that NC schools will follow Plan B for the 2020-2021 school year, and that they will be permitted to follow Plan C if the school district feels that it is necessary to meet the needs of the school system.
- April 24, 2020 - Gov. Cooper announces that schools will remain closed for normal operations. JCPS will utilize remote learning for the remainder of the school year
- April 20, 2020 - JCPS announces plan to resume meal services for students
- April 2, 2020 - JCPS announces High School Graduation Update
- March 31, 2020 - JCPS launches Virtual Call Center
- March 27, 2020 - Gov. Roy Cooper issues stay at home executive order (Effective March 30, 2020 at 5 p.m.)
- March 25, 2020 - JCPS releases remote learning plan
- March 23, 2020 - Spring Break remains April 10-17 for traditional and restart schools
- March 23, 2020 - May 25 is Memorial Day Holiday for traditional and restart schools
- March 23, 2020 - Three new meal delivery sites added
- March 23, 2020 - All schools closed for students until May 15th
- March 23, 2020 - All events cancelled until May 15th
- March 19, 2020 - All March Special Events Cancelled
- March 19, 2020 - JCPS established Meal Service Delivery Sites to begin Friday, March 20. Details on time and locations are below.
- March 15, 2020 - JCPS will offer Meal Service at 11 schools beginning Wednesday, March 18. Details on time and locations are below.
- March 15, 2020 - All JCPS school and central office buildings will be closed to all staff Monday, March 16th and Tuesday, March 17.
- March 15, 2020 - Report cards will not go home as originally scheduled. New dates for grading and reporting will be provided as soon as more information is provided from DPI.
- March 15, 2020 - Johnston Co. Board of Education calls Emergency Session for Monday, March 16
- March 14, 2020 - All schools closed March 16-March 27
- March 12, 2020 - All middle and high school interscholastic athletic events suspended beginning March 14 through April 6
- March 12, 2020 - All Field Trips Cancelled until further notice
- March 12, 2020 - Showcase of Stars Cancelled
- March 12, 2020 - Leading with the Heart Cancelled