We are currently enjoying Summer Break.
We look forward to meeting our new 5th grade students in August!
Welcome to Mrs. Mourer’s Literacy Lounge
I am excited to be your child’s Literacy teacher for 5th Grade. I want you to know that my expectations are high, but your child can totally meet them! I am confident that as we grow together you will see an impressive difference in your child this year. My goal is to give them a wonderful 5th grade experience and prepare them for a seamless transition to middle school.
Feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns.
5th Grade Supply List 2018-2019
- HEADPHONES ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL BLOCKS (ELBOW jacks are preferred with our Chromebooks)
- One pack of 12-count colored pencils
- Two packs of regular pencils (no lead pencils please)
- Pencil Top Erasers
- Red, Blue, and Black pen
- One packs of loose leaf notebook paper
- Two, 3 prong plastic-coated folders with pockets
- 12-24 glue sticks
- Six-Eight Marbled Composition Notebooks (I know this seems like a lot, but see the explanation below)
- A pair of scissors
- Pencil Pouch large enough to hold pencils, pens, scissors, and crayons
- NO BINDERS are needed.
Due to budget cuts, our classrooms are not supplied with current textbooks that support our curriculum. As a result, our learning is HIGHLY interactive. Students will be creating interactive notebooks. This is a hands on task that children thoroughly enjoy. It teaches notebooking skills that they can use in middle school. These notebooks will contain the material that will be studied and assessed. This requires cutting and pasting daily in multiple subjects. We will easily use two-three glue sticks a month and several notebooks per subject area. Thank you for taking advantage of the school days sales to help prepare your child for the upcoming school year.
Save your Box Tops. Send them in with your child. We will need all the support we can get this year. We won TWO ice cream parties last year for having the most turned in per quarter. Thank you in advance for your help.
Degrees and Certifications: