Phone: ext. 3147
Degrees and Certifications:
BM Music Education, Appalachian State University
Ms. Clair Williams
Welcome to Band & Chorus!
This is my third year teaching at Four Oaks Middle, and it's great to be back at a school I grew up in myself. I graduated from Appalachian State University with a degree in Music Education and a Spanish minor, but I am a lifelong Wolfpack fan. I love to sing and play all sorts of instruments. My hobbies include reading, watching old TV shows & movies, board games, crafts, karaoke, writing stories, fencing, soccer, and tae bo. My favorite singer is Ramin Karimloo, and my two favorite musicals are Les Miserables and The Phantom of the Opera. I was also a member of the pit orchestra for a large-scale production of Sweeney Todd (clarinet & bass clarinet). I'm a huge fan of all things Harry Potter, DC, and Marvel. I am also the girls' soccer coach.
I'm looking forward to making music with you this year!
¡Bienvenidos a banda y coro!
Yo hablo español, pero lo leo mejor. Éste es mi tercer año enseñando en Four Oaks Middle. Gradué de Appalachian State University. Me encanta cantar y tocar unos instrumentos. En mi tiempo libre, me gusta leer, ver viejos programas de televisión y películas, jugar juegos de mesa, cantar karaoke, escribir, jugar fútbol y esgrima. Mis cantantes favoritos son Ramin Karimloo y José José. También, me gustan los musicales Les Miserables y The Phantom of the Opera. Me gustan los personajes de Harry Potter, DC, y Marvel. También soy la entrenadora de fútbol para las niñas.
¡Estoy emocionada de hacer música contigo!
FOMS Jewelry & Accessories Fundraiser link: Custom Four Oaks Cardinals Spirit Wear Jewelry and Accessories – MyTeamJewelryShop
Band, Chorus, & Musical Apparel Store link: Home | Four Oaks (sundogzdesign.com)
Supplies Needed for Band & Chorus:
-binder or folder with prongs & pockets
Chorus: Each choir member will receive a black folder with music in a few weeks. This music folder MUST be in class EVERY day unless told otherwise. Students may take them home to practice with (as long as they bring them back each day) or they can stay in an assigned place in the chorus room.
Band: Each band member will receive a blue folder with music in a few weeks. This music folder MUST be in class EVERY day unless told otherwise. Students may take them home to practice with (as long as they bring them back each day) or they can stay in an assigned place in the band room.
Additional supplies for band:
- 6th & 7th grade need to purchase the band method book "Essential Elements, Book 1" for their instrument.
- Instrument cleaning & care supplies (ex: valve oil, slide grease, cork grease, cleaning swabs, reeds)
- Percussionists need to purchase their own pair of drumsticks (preferably Vic Firth SD1 General)
- If you have questions about what you need for your particular instrument, please check with Ms. Williams before purchasing.
*For those getting instruments for the first time or wanting to upgrade, please talk with Ms. Williams before purchasing just any instrument. There are a lot of "great deals" out there that are not real musical instruments. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.*
- Sep. 1st Parent Info Meetings (5:30pm Chorus, 6:30pm Band)
- Sep. 7th Musical Interest Meeting for students & parents at 5:30pm
- Sep. 9th Shrek the Musical auditions!
- Sep. 16th SJHS 8th grade band night
- Nov. 18th - chorus volunteers singing at Four Oaks Veterans Day Ceremony
- Dec. 2nd TBD - chorus volunteers singing at Four Oaks Tree Lighting
- Dec. 3rd TBD - band volunteers playing before Four Oaks Christmas Parade
- Dec. 6th Chorus Concert! 5:30 call time, 6 doors open, 6:30 concert starts
- Dec. 13th Band Concert! 5:30 call time, 6 doors open, 6:30 concert starts
- Jan. 10th All-County Band auditions for 7th & 8th grade
- Jan. 21st Musical Theater Workshop for Shrek
- Feb. 9-10th All-County Band Clinic & Concert
- Feb. 11th Shrek the Musical Performance at 7pm
- Feb. 12th Shrek the Musical Performance at 2pm
- March 18th UNCP Honors Band
- March 24th Carowinds Performance Field Trip with 8th & 7th grade band
- March 24-25th All-County Chorus Clinic & Concert
- April 22nd Band Solo & Ensemble MPA
- April 28th Carowinds Performance Field Trip with 8th & 7th grade chorus
- May 9th Chorus Concert! 5:30 call time, 6 doors open, 6:30 concert starts
- May 16th Band Concert! 5:30 call time, 6 doors open, 6:30 concert starts
- June 12-16th SJHS Marching Band Camp
*Concerts are required as part of the class grades for band and chorus, since they are performance-based courses.
We will have a volunteer pep band play at most home football games and pep rallies.
Rehearsals for Shrek the Musical will be on most Fridays until 6pm (a more detailed calendar will be given to musical members).
There will be band tutoring on most Mondays until 4:30pm.
Girls soccer is a spring sport. Tryouts will be in February.
Google Classroom Code
Remind (text to 81010)
SmartMusic Join Code
North Carolina schools are required to administer ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 to all students identified as English Learners (ELs) in the spring of each year to determine their progress in learning English. Each student is tested in four areas: Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing. This assessment helps us monitor their English language development.
The Johnston County Board of Education is now accepting applications for the Johnston County Community College Board of Trustee position. The deadline to apply for the vacancy is Friday, February 17, 2023.
We hope that you and your student have already noticed some of the exciting new food and meal opportunities we are offering in our cafeterias this school year. Our new options will include more fresh produce, vegetarian options, and opportunities for students to customize their meal choice. These new offerings will be available at both breakfast and lunch.