Degrees and Certifications:
BA Early Childhood Education from UNC-W Middle School Math grades 6-9 National Board Certification AIG Certification
Welcome to South Smithfield Elementary
Home of the DYNAMIC DOLPHINS
I am so excited to be back at the school that I first started my teaching career. I have been teaching for 25+ years. I have taught grades Pre-K thru 9th grade. I have called Johnston County my home for my entire life. Teaching is my passion and watching my students grow and develop socially, emotionally, physically and academically is truly a blessing. Thank you for sharing your precious child with me. I look forward to meeting all the parents of my class and working together with you for your child's successes.
Important information about our DYNAMIC School....
Mission: South Smithfield Elementary School empowers students to reach their highest potential in the classroom and in the world by:
- building relationships with others
- acquiring knowledge through inquiry
- making a positive contribution to society
- being internationally-minded and
- embracing diversity
Vision: South Smithfield Elementary School students will be prepared and inspired to make the world a better place.
- We BELIEVE students are THE top priority – safety, success, and overall well-being
- We BELIEVE all stakeholders are valued and respected
- We BELIEVE commitment to professional growth and development is required
- We BELIEVE continuous analysis is necessary to ensure SSE processes are benefiting student achievement and growth
- We BELIEVE parental involvement and engagement should be encouraged regardless of language or socio-economic status
- We BELIEVE transparency is essential at all levels
- We BELIEVE establishing relationships, providing relevant learning opportunities and using innovative teaching techniques
- We BELIEVE in personalized learning
- We BELIEVE that we are DIFFERENCE MAKERS!
- We BELIEVE we are DYNAMIC!
8:45 to 9:00
Math Flex Groups
Math Whole Group
10:30 - 11:00
11:00 - 11:55
12:00 - 12:30
12:35 - 1:05
ELA Whole Group:
1:05 - 2:05
ELA Flex Groups:
-Guided Reading Groups
-Differentiated Literacy Centers
2:05 - 2:45
2:45 - 3:15
Programme of Inquiry
3:15 - 3:45
3:45 - 3:55
Pack Up/Behavior Calendars
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM PAC Meeting
March 6, 2020
Johnston County Public Schools is seeking nominations for the district 2019-2020 Employees of the Year event. Nominees should be someone who embodies the mission and vision of the district while supporting the instructional integrity of the classroom and district but are not classroom instructors.
The Johnston County Public Schools Office of Equity, Information and Student Services is sponsoring a special discussion panel forum at Corinth Holders High School called We Are One: A Unity Forum...