Degrees and Certifications:
BA Early Childhood Education from UNC-W Middle School Math grades 6-9 National Board Certification AIG Certification
Welcome to South Smithfield Elementary
Home of the DYNAMIC DOLPHINS
I am so excited to be back at the school that I first started my teaching career. I have been teaching for 25+ years. I have taught grades Pre-K thru 9th grade. I have called Johnston County my home for my entire life. Teaching is my passion and watching my students grow and develop socially, emotionally, physically and academically is truly a blessing. Thank you for sharing your precious child with me. I look forward to meeting all the parents of my class and working together with you for your child's successes.
Important information about our DYNAMIC School....
Mission: South Smithfield Elementary School empowers students to reach their highest potential in the classroom and in the world by:
- building relationships with others
- acquiring knowledge through inquiry
- making a positive contribution to society
- being internationally-minded and
- embracing diversity
Vision: South Smithfield Elementary School students will be prepared and inspired to make the world a better place.
- We BELIEVE students are THE top priority – safety, success, and overall well-being
- We BELIEVE all stakeholders are valued and respected
- We BELIEVE commitment to professional growth and development is required
- We BELIEVE continuous analysis is necessary to ensure SSE processes are benefiting student achievement and growth
- We BELIEVE parental involvement and engagement should be encouraged regardless of language or socio-economic status
- We BELIEVE transparency is essential at all levels
- We BELIEVE establishing relationships, providing relevant learning opportunities and using innovative teaching techniques
- We BELIEVE in personalized learning
- We BELIEVE that we are DIFFERENCE MAKERS!
- We BELIEVE we are DYNAMIC!
8:45 to 9:00
Math Flex Groups
Math Whole Group
10:30 - 11:00
11:00 - 11:55
12:00 - 12:30
12:35 - 1:05
ELA Whole Group:
1:05 - 2:05
ELA Flex Groups:
-Guided Reading Groups
-Differentiated Literacy Centers
2:05 - 2:45
2:45 - 3:15
Programme of Inquiry
3:15 - 3:45
3:45 - 3:55
Pack Up/Behavior Calendars
April 26, 2021
April 28, 2021
May 5, 2021
May 12, 2021
May 17, 2021
May 18, 2021
May 19, 2021
May 20, 2021
May 26, 2021
May 28, 2021
June 2, 2021
June 9, 2021
June 16, 2021
Johnston County Public Schools values your feedback! We are currently surveying JCPS families in order to gain insight into your perception of our school and district effectiveness. To ensure we continue to provide high quality, rigorous learning experiences that meet the needs of our learners and prepare them for college and career, we need your feedback.
Johnston County Public Schools will hold a Virtual Job Fair on Wednesday, April 21. The event will be held in a Zoom Conference format from 2:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. Candidates will have the opportunity to meet with various school principals about career opportunities in each of the district’s 47 schools.
The online application for the Johnston County Public Schools Preschool Program is now available. Parents who are interested in the JCPS Preschool Program are encouraged to apply early, as availability is on a first come, first served basis. The application window closes on June 30th.
Johnston County Public Schools has updated its plan to mark senior milestones, including prom and graduation while adhering to guidance from the Johnston County Public Health Department and the CDC in regards to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.