Degrees and Certifications:
BA Early Childhood Education from UNC-W Middle School Math grades 6-9 National Board Certification AIG Certification
Welcome to South Smithfield Elementary
Home of the DYNAMIC DOLPHINS
I am so excited to be back at the school that I first started my teaching career. I have been teaching for 25+ years. I have taught grades Pre-K thru 9th grade. I have called Johnston County my home for my entire life. Teaching is my passion and watching my students grow and develop socially, emotionally, physically and academically is truly a blessing. Thank you for sharing your precious child with me. I look forward to meeting all the parents of my class and working together with you for your child's successes.
Important information about our DYNAMIC School....
Mission: South Smithfield Elementary School empowers students to reach their highest potential in the classroom and in the world by:
- building relationships with others
- acquiring knowledge through inquiry
- making a positive contribution to society
- being internationally-minded and
- embracing diversity
Vision: South Smithfield Elementary School students will be prepared and inspired to make the world a better place.
- We BELIEVE students are THE top priority – safety, success, and overall well-being
- We BELIEVE all stakeholders are valued and respected
- We BELIEVE commitment to professional growth and development is required
- We BELIEVE continuous analysis is necessary to ensure SSE processes are benefiting student achievement and growth
- We BELIEVE parental involvement and engagement should be encouraged regardless of language or socio-economic status
- We BELIEVE transparency is essential at all levels
- We BELIEVE establishing relationships, providing relevant learning opportunities and using innovative teaching techniques
- We BELIEVE in personalized learning
- We BELIEVE that we are DIFFERENCE MAKERS!
- We BELIEVE we are DYNAMIC!
8:45 to 9:00
Math Flex Groups
Math Whole Group
10:30 - 11:00
11:00 - 11:55
12:00 - 12:30
12:35 - 1:05
ELA Whole Group:
1:05 - 2:05
ELA Flex Groups:
-Guided Reading Groups
-Differentiated Literacy Centers
2:05 - 2:45
2:45 - 3:15
Programme of Inquiry
3:15 - 3:45
3:45 - 3:55
Pack Up/Behavior Calendars
As the school year comes to a close, please note that JCPS meal service will now operate at 9 sites during the summer months, rather than the previous 14. Summer meal service will begin Monday, June 1. Curbside meals will be served Monday through Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Benson Middle, Clayton Middle, Four Oaks Elementary, North Johnston Middle, Princeton Elementary, Selma Elementary, Smithfield-Selma High, West Clayton Elementary, and West Smithfield Elementary.
Attention parents of 4-year-olds: Are you interested in your child attending a free preschool program? The NC PreK program is designed to provide 4-year-old children with positive early learning experiences that support their development and prepare them for Kindergarten.
JCPS high schools will host “modified” traditional graduation ceremonies between Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - Saturday, August 1, 2020. Schools will communicate about specific graduation dates and ceremony times as we get closer to see what restrictions may limit our attendance participation.