Degrees and Certifications:
BA Early Childhood Education from UNC-W Middle School Math grades 6-9 National Board Certification AIG Certification
Welcome to South Smithfield Elementary
Home of the DYNAMIC DOLPHINS
I am so excited to be back at the school that I first started my teaching career. I have been teaching for 25+ years. I have taught grades Pre-K thru 9th grade. I have called Johnston County my home for my entire life. Teaching is my passion and watching my students grow and develop socially, emotionally, physically and academically is truly a blessing. Thank you for sharing your precious child with me. I look forward to meeting all the parents of my class and working together with you for your child's successes.
Important information about our DYNAMIC School....
Mission: South Smithfield Elementary School empowers students to reach their highest potential in the classroom and in the world by:
- building relationships with others
- acquiring knowledge through inquiry
- making a positive contribution to society
- being internationally-minded and
- embracing diversity
Vision: South Smithfield Elementary School students will be prepared and inspired to make the world a better place.
- We BELIEVE students are THE top priority – safety, success, and overall well-being
- We BELIEVE all stakeholders are valued and respected
- We BELIEVE commitment to professional growth and development is required
- We BELIEVE continuous analysis is necessary to ensure SSE processes are benefiting student achievement and growth
- We BELIEVE parental involvement and engagement should be encouraged regardless of language or socio-economic status
- We BELIEVE transparency is essential at all levels
- We BELIEVE establishing relationships, providing relevant learning opportunities and using innovative teaching techniques
- We BELIEVE in personalized learning
- We BELIEVE that we are DIFFERENCE MAKERS!
- We BELIEVE we are DYNAMIC!
8:45 to 9:00
Math Flex Groups
Math Whole Group
10:30 - 11:00
11:00 - 11:55
12:00 - 12:30
12:35 - 1:05
ELA Whole Group:
1:05 - 2:05
ELA Flex Groups:
-Guided Reading Groups
-Differentiated Literacy Centers
2:05 - 2:45
2:45 - 3:15
Programme of Inquiry
3:15 - 3:45
3:45 - 3:55
Pack Up/Behavior Calendars
The Johnston County Board of Education voted to return all Pre-K and EC-Self Contained students to Plan B, four days per week, beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 19. These students will participate in face-to-face instruction on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, with Wednesday serving as a remote learning day. All other students in grades K-12 will remain on Plan C until Monday, Feb. 1.
Due to Johnston County being designated a “red” county by the NCDHHS, as well as increased quarantines and COVID cases in the school district as reflected on our dashboard, the Johnston County Board of Education voted to have ALL students, including Pre-K and EC self contained, return to remote learning under Plan C, beginning Monday, December 14 through Friday, January 15. Unless the remote learning period is extended beyond January 15th, students will return to the plan that they chose on the Second Semester Choice form on Tuesday, January 19.
On December 8th 2020, the Johnston County School Board of Education voted to return to Plan C (Remote Learning), we would like to provide an update to parents and guardians of options to complete state-mandated End-of-Course (EOC) and Career/Technical Education Post Assessment testing.