Information For Parents as of 3/30/2020
* For the next 10 days (3/30- 4/3), students will continue following the schedule that I have created on the "Current Schedule" tab to assist with their work that will need to be completed each week. ALL students will need to check their email and Google Classroom daily for new videos and readings that will need to be completed for Reading fluency. All activities are available in ALL subject areas, for the JCPS 10 day plan. Below you will find a link to the website for 3rd grade at our school. Please use the 10 day plan that we have created for the students.
* JCPS 10 day plan link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lo8yzLf7SQSbjjQMy7TDKrw2dGNfpd-9 - This page takes you DIRECTLY to the 3rd grade 10 day plan for PLE.
* Parents it is imperative that you are your child's biggest cheerleader and supporter during this difficult transition for all of us. Please be patient with them and myself as we are finding out new information on a daily and/or hourly basis. As often as I receive new information, I will continue to post it on my website here. Your child is going to need some assistance getting started, once we begin online work, logging into some new sites and learning the ropes. Please be aware, that some of these websites are new to them and they will not know how to operate them very well at first and will need your assistance in the learning process.
* At this time ALL students are able to log into Lexia, XtraMath, ImagineMath, and Imagine Learning (for those who use it). Students will need to complete 3 units in Lexia every day (Monday-Friday), 1 XtraMath lesson every day (Monday-Friday) and 1 ImagineMath lesson every day (Monday- Friday). For those students who use Imagine Learning, they will need to complete 20 minutes every day (Monday- Friday) of Imagine Learning for it to be effective. Prodigy and Legends of Learning are optional activtiies that will help your child in math, science, and social studies.
* Please look under the "Free Websites" tab for access to different sites that your child can use throughout the remainder of the school year. These are optional sites that could help keep your child busy/ interested in learning new skills and information about different topics.
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Pope's Class Schedule
8:15-8:45 Come in/ Unpack/ Use Bathroom/ Morning Work
8:45-10:30 Flex Groups/ Literacy/ Writing
10:30-12:00 Math/ Writing
12:00- 12:05 Bathroom
12:05- 12:30 Lunch
12:30- 12:35 Bathroom
12:35- 1:25 BEP
1:25- 1:55 Snack/ Recess/ Bathroom
1:55- 3:10 S.S./ Science/ Writing
3:10- 3:45 Green Hornet Time
3:45- 3:50 Pack Up and Go Home!
We are pleased to inform you that the preschool classroom at Pine Level Elementary School has limited space available for enrollment in the Fee For Service Program for the 19-20 school year. The Fee For Service Preschool Program is designed to provide a high-quality early childhood experience...
At this time, all traditional high school graduations are still planned for May 29. Graduation ceremonies for Johnston County Early College Academy and Johnston County Career and Technical Leadership Academy will now take place on May 16th, rather than the original date of May 15th.
The Johnston County Board of Education will hold a budget work session on Tuesday, April 27. The meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. and be held in the Evander Simpson Building in Smithfield.