Phone: 919-359-6300 ext 4670
Degrees and Certifications:
BS Elementary Education with an extension into Middle Grades
Hello! I am so excited to be a part of RES. This is my first year teaching, and I can’t wait to get to know my students. I love hands-on learning to keep students engaged and make learning fun. I hope we can work together to give your child the best experience as he/she explores first grade. I love art, reading, hiking, kayaking, cooking/baking, and singing. I am very creative and organized. I like working out and enjoy traveling when I can. Beginning my teaching adventure is a dream come true, and I look forward to growing young minds. Welcome to first grade!
Ms. Daniels’ Ducks 2019-2020 Supply List
- 1 hard plastic pencil box
- 2 packs of #2 pencils (preferably Ticonderoga or plain yellow)
- 1 pair blunt cut scissors (Fiskars)
- 1 box of Crayola crayons (24 count)
- 20 glue sticks
- 2 large pink erasers
- 2 one-subject spiral notebooks (wide-ruled)
- 1 composition notebook (wide-ruled not spiraled)
- 2 solid-colored plastic folders (two pockets inside and no prongs)
- 2 containers cleaning wipes (such as Clorox or Lysol)
- 1 roll paper towels
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- 1 hand sanitizer bottle
- 2 boxes of Ziplock bags (sandwich or gallon size)
- Lightweight headphones in a Ziplock bag labeled with your child’s name for computer-based reading and math lessons and assessing (no earbuds)
- 1 change of clothes for emergencies (this item should be labeled with your child’s name) (winter clothes will be requested when seasons change)
- 1 personal water bottle (pre-labeled)
*PLEASE PREPARE the hard plastic pencil box for the first day of school. Fill it with the box of crayons, scissors, 1 pack sharpened pencils, 1 glue stick, and 1 large pink eraser.
If you purchased supplies according to a Walmart list, that was a generic list for first grade. This is a “teacher-specific” list. We will label all items here in the classroom, so you don’t need to worry about doing so at home.
I would greatly appreciate any donations to our treasure box. These could include any small, inexpensive gifts such as scissors, erasers, or special pencils.
I will also have a “wish tree” in our classroom on orientation night.
Thank you so much for having all of these supplies on the first day of school! I am looking forward to a wonderful school year!
At this time, all traditional high school graduations are still planned for May 29. Graduation ceremonies for Johnston County Early College Academy and Johnston County Career and Technical Leadership Academy will now take place on May 16th, rather than the original date of May 15th.
The April Johnston County Board of Education meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 7. The virtual meeting will begin at 4:00 p.m and will be conducted via Zoom To Comply With Social Distancing Orders. Members of the public make access the meeting via livestream.
April 13, 2020
April 14, 2020
April 15, 2020
April 16, 2020
April 17, 2020
April 24, 2020
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM PTA Night at the Mudcats
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Talent Show at Corinth Holders High School
May 4, 2020
May 5, 2020
May 6, 2020
May 7, 2020
May 8, 2020