Phone: 919-359-6300 ext 4670
Degrees and Certifications:
BS Elementary Education with an extension into Middle Grades
Hello! I am so excited to be a part of RES. This is my first year teaching, and I can’t wait to get to know my students. I love hands-on learning to keep students engaged and make learning fun. I hope we can work together to give your child the best experience as he/she explores first grade. I love art, reading, hiking, kayaking, cooking/baking, and singing. I am very creative and organized. I like working out and enjoy traveling when I can. Beginning my teaching adventure is a dream come true, and I look forward to growing young minds. Welcome to first grade!
Ms. Daniels’ Ducks 2019-2020 Supply List
- 1 hard plastic pencil box
- 2 packs of #2 pencils (preferably Ticonderoga or plain yellow)
- 1 pair blunt cut scissors (Fiskars)
- 1 box of Crayola crayons (24 count)
- 20 glue sticks
- 2 large pink erasers
- 2 one-subject spiral notebooks (wide-ruled)
- 1 composition notebook (wide-ruled not spiraled)
- 2 solid-colored plastic folders (two pockets inside and no prongs)
- 2 containers cleaning wipes (such as Clorox or Lysol)
- 1 roll paper towels
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- 1 hand sanitizer bottle
- 2 boxes of Ziplock bags (sandwich or gallon size)
- Lightweight headphones in a Ziplock bag labeled with your child’s name for computer-based reading and math lessons and assessing (no earbuds)
- 1 change of clothes for emergencies (this item should be labeled with your child’s name) (winter clothes will be requested when seasons change)
- 1 personal water bottle (pre-labeled)
*PLEASE PREPARE the hard plastic pencil box for the first day of school. Fill it with the box of crayons, scissors, 1 pack sharpened pencils, 1 glue stick, and 1 large pink eraser.
If you purchased supplies according to a Walmart list, that was a generic list for first grade. This is a “teacher-specific” list. We will label all items here in the classroom, so you don’t need to worry about doing so at home.
I would greatly appreciate any donations to our treasure box. These could include any small, inexpensive gifts such as scissors, erasers, or special pencils.
I will also have a “wish tree” in our classroom on orientation night.
Thank you so much for having all of these supplies on the first day of school! I am looking forward to a wonderful school year!
Johnston County Public Shools invites students and parents to come learn more about interesting options for high school students. The Information Nights will be held in the Smithfield-Selma High auditorium on Jan. 30 and Feb. 6 ...
The Johnston County Board of Education has hired the North Carolina School Boards Association (NCSBA) to help facilitate its search for the next superintendent of Johnston County Public Schools (JCPS)....
The application window all JCPS Innovative School Programs will open Dec. 1. The district offers programs for high school and middle school students...
11:00 AM - 9:00 PM Chick-fil-A Family Dinner Night
February 7, 2020
February 10, 2020
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Disney Raffle Begins through March 6th
February 12, 2020
7:45 AM - 8:45 AM Disney & Donuts Event
February 13, 2020
7:45 AM - 8:45 AM Disney & Donuts
February 17, 2020
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Make-Up Day
February 21, 2020
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Talent Show - Time TBD
February 25, 2020
4:30 PM - 9:30 PM PTA Family Dinner Night at Venero's
February 28, 2020
March 2, 2020
March 3, 2020
March 4, 2020
March 5, 2020