Phone: 919-284-2821 ext. 3252
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors of Arts in Interpersonal Communication Masters of Arts in Elementary Education
Ms. Catherine Strickland
Welcome! I have been teaching since 2016. I adore teaching 2nd grade! I grew up in Sampson County, but currently call Johnston County home. I love being a teacher for so many reasons. I truly enjoy giving students the tools they need to succeed, and watching them take ownership of their own learning. I also love building genuine relationships with my students. I believe that students have to have a positive and nurturing learning environment to be academically successful. In our classroom we also have very high academic and behavior expectations. We give it our best each day, but every day is a fresh start! I am so grateful to be a part of the GKE family!
I hope you all have a great summer! I can't wait to see you on August 22 from 4-6 for Meet the Teacher! I will be spending the summer relaxing at the beach and the pool. Make sure that you stay safe and have lots of fun this summer! Make sure you to keep reading too!
2nd Grade Supply List
- 1" 3-ring Binder with inside pockets
- 2 wide-ruled composition notebooks (no spiral)
- 1 plastic or poly 2 pocket folders without prongs
- 2 24 count boxes of crayons (No 64 packs of crayons please)
- 1 pack of colored pencils
- 1 pack of Crayola markers
- 2 packs of Dixon Ticonderoga pencils (no mechanical please)
- 4 glue sticks
- 1 pair of student scissors (Fiskars)
- 1 sturdy sipper pouch for pencils/crayons (No boxes or plastic pouches please)
- 1 pack of pink erasers and 1 pack of cap erasers
- 1 pair of headphones
Wish List Items
- Color Printer Paper
- Clorox Wipes or Baby Wipes
- Paper Towels
- Ziploc bags
- Dry erase markers
- Hand sanitizer
- Treasure box items
Johnston County Public Schools will begin using Here Comes the Bus in the 2019-2020 school year! Here Comes the Bus is a school bus tracking app that gives parents real-time bus location information and alerts to get students to the bus stop on time. The app is expected to roll out by the first day of school, August 26...
The Johnston County Education Foundation has changed its grant process from a three cycle a year process, to a once a year process. The grant deadline will now be November 15th each year and Grant Patrol will be held on the first Wednesday of December.