Degrees and Certifications:
National Certified Counselor, 2018 MS & EdS: University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 2018 BA: University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 2011
Hi all! I'm excited for my second year at SES! If you need anything, feel free to e-mail me, or call the main SES phone line and ask to speak to me.
School counselors can help parents:
- Handle social or emotional concerns you have about your child
- Improve parent-child communication
- Help emotionally support your child through difficult times (divorce, death of a loved one or pet, chronic illness, incarceration, deportation, homelessness)
- Refer you to for community resources
- Help you understand the developmental changes in childhood
- Help increase your student's attendance and decrease tardiness
- Discuss goals and academic acheivement
If you are looking for information about mental health services outside of school, Alliance Health is a great local resource. The Alliance 24-hour Access and Information Hotline is 800.510.9132. If you have a mental health emergency you should call 911.
Every JCPS parent must fill out the Second Semester Choice form to choose either the Virtual Program OR face-to-face instruction for each of their students. The Second Semester Choice form is to be filled out for ALL students in grades PreK-12. If a child is going to participate in face-to-face instruction for the second semester, the parent will be asked to fill out transportation information for the student in the form. A form for each student should be completed by Nov. 30.
Information on social distancing in school settings has been recently updated by the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS). Upon receiving information from the NCDHHS, we consulted with the Johnston County Public Health Department on the impact these updates will have on our school system. This ongoing collaboration continues to guide our decision-making as students return to classrooms for in-person instruction.
There are no upcoming events to display.