Degrees and Certifications:
We will be hosting a virtual parent-teacher night this Tuesday, August 18th & Thursday, August 20th from 4:00 - 6:00.
Please use the links posted below to sign up for a time to meet with me!
Please click this link to sign up for Tuesday, August 18th - Tuesday sign up sheet
Please click this link to sign up for Thursday, August 20th - Thursday sign up sheet
Welcome to 7th grade Social Studies!
Five Things About Me:
1. I graduated from NC State University (Go Pack!) with my Bachelor's in Social Studies and Language Arts.
2. This will be my fourth year as a member of the FOMS family, and my fourth year teaching 7th grade Social Studies!
3. I LOVE to read, and YA novels are my preferred choice. I am always looking for new books to read, so feel free to talk to me about some of the books that you have enjoyed reading.
4. I have two dogs, Tucker and Sterling. My husband and I love taking our two pups on trips to the dog park, and picking them up puppicinos on the way home.
5. My favorite book series/movie series is Harry Potter. My husband is very aware of my love for Harry Potter, so much so that he proposed to me at Harry Potter World in Florida.
A special called session of Johnston County Board of Education has been called for Monday, March 1, at 3:00 p.m. in the Evander Simpson Building in Smithfield. To comply with the Governor’s Executive Order, only the board members will be allowed in the boardroom. However, the open session portions of the meeting and all announcements will be accessible to the public via livestream.
Now more than ever, we are aware of the many different needs of our students and families. As we begin planning for the 2021-22 school year, we are seeking feedback from parents to gauge interest in establishing a Johnston County Public Schools Virtual Academy, as an alternative to the face-to-face instruction environment for students. We are asking for your input by completing an online interest survey.
Johnston County Public Schools has developed a detailed plan to mark senior milestones, including prom and graduation, while adhering to guidance from the Johnston County Public Health Department and the CDC in regards to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Online Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-2021 school year is Feb. 15-March 5. Full details are available on the Kindergarten Registration website.
March 8, 2021
9:30 AM - 10:40 AM SJHS Registration- 8th Grade Only-Cohort 1
March 9, 2021
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM SJHS Registration- Virtual Students- 8th Grade Only
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM SJHS Registration- 8th Grade Only- Virtual Students
March 11, 2021
9:30 AM - 10:40 AM SJHS Registration- 8th Grade Only- Cohort 2
March 12, 2021