Degrees and Certifications:
Enjoy your summer! I look forward to meeting all of you when school starts back up for 2019-2020!
I hope that y'all have an AMAZING summer, and I look forward to hearing about summer events when we return to school for the 2019-2020 school year.
I am excited to share my second year at FOMS with you, and I look forward to growing and learning together.
Five Things About Me:
1. I graduated from NC State University (Go Pack!) with my Bachelor's in Social Studies and Language Arts.
2. This will be my third year as a member of the FOMS family, and my third year teaching 7th grade Social Studies!
3. I LOVE to read, and YA novels are my preferred choice. I am always looking for new books to read, so feel free to talk to me about some of the books that you have enjoyed reading.
4. I have a dog named Tucker, whom I absolutely adore. I love to take him on walks in various parks in the area.
5. My favorite book series/movie series is Harry Potter. My husband is very aware of my love for Harry Potter, so much so that he proposed to me at Harry Potter world in Florida.
The Johnston County Board of Education will hold a special session on Tuesday, Aug. 27. The closed session meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. and be held in the Evander Simpson Building in Smithfield.
Johnston County Public Schools will begin using Here Comes the Bus in the 2019-2020 school year! Here Comes the Bus is a school bus tracking app that gives parents real-time bus location information and alerts to get students to the bus stop on time. The app is expected to roll out by the first day of school, August 26...
The Johnston County Education Foundation has changed its grant process from a three cycle a year process, to a once a year process. The grant deadline will now be November 15th each year and Grant Patrol will be held on the first Wednesday of December.