Cleveland Middle School Athletics
If you have any questions reach out to MarcAllen@johnston.k12.nc.us
Fall Tryouts include Football, Ladies Volleyball, Mens Soccer, and Coed Cheer
Tryouts begin Monday, August 16th for all four sports.
Football and Soccer Tryouts are 5:30 - 7:30
Volleyball Tryouts are in the gym from 3:30 - 5:30
Cheer Tryouts are in the gym from 1:30 - 3:30
All forms must be submitted to tryout
We are asking that ALL parents of athletes use Final Forms. Please register at - https://johnston-nc.finalforms.com -- now and electronically complete ALL forms!
For instructions on how to register click on the link below:
Thank you for your assistance in streamlining our paperwork processes at Cleveland Middle School.
Marc Allen Athletic Director
Students are eligible if:
- You have a completed Sports Physical within the last 365 days, signed by a doctor.
- You have a completed Gfeller-Waller Concussion form within the last 365 days, signed by a parent.
- You passed your grade last school year
- Your previous semester average (GPA) in all of your classes is a 69.5 or greater
- You passed at least three of your four core classes in the second semester (Social Studies, Science, Math, Language Arts)
- You are not yet 15 on or before August 31st 2020
- Fifth (5th) graders promoted to the 6th grade will automatically be academically eligible to play the first semester.
Use the link below for Concussion and Physical forms as well as other information regarding Middle School Athletics.
The Booster Club needs volunteers to help run our concession stands. Please use the link below to sign up.
We are very excited to announce that the CvMS Athletic Department has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign athletic participation forms for your students. The most exciting news is that FinalForms is free for all families and saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! FinalForms also pre-populates information wherever possible, for each of your students, saving you time. You will review your information once per school year to verify information is current and sign the annual forms. Click on the Parent Playbook (attached) to get started in FinalForms. If you require any support during the process, scroll to the page bottom and click “Use Support”.