Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Deanna Fairclough
Hello!! My name is Deanna Fairclough and I have taught for over 20 years. I was not born, but I was raised in North Carolina down east. I have loved the UNC Tar Heels since 3rd grade and I love watching them play basketball!! I am so excited and blessed to teach First Grade at River Dell!
2019-2020 First Grade
9:00-10:00 Social Studies/Science
2:30-2:45 Real Aloud (Snack)
3:30-3:45 Read Aloud
- (1) - Headphones
- (1) - 3-Ring Nylon Pencil Pouch
- (4) - Crayola® Crayons, 24 ct.
- (1) - Kids Scissors
- (2) - Ticonderoga® #2 Pencils, Pre-Sharpened, 12 ct., Yellow
- (16) -Elmer's® Small Washable All Purpose School Glue Stick, .21 oz.
- (2) - Wide Ruled Composition Book, 100 ct., Black
- (2) - Primary Journal Handwriting and Sketch, Blank on Top, Primary Ruled on Bottom, 80 ct.
- (4) - Expo® Low Odor Dry Erase Marker, Fine Tip, Black
- (1) - 2 Pocket Heavy Duty Poly Folder with Brads, Green
- (1) - 2 Pocket Heavy Duty Poly Folder with Brads, Yellow
- (2) - Vinyl Eraser
- (1) - Avery® 1" Heavy Duty One Touch EZD View Binder, White
- (1) - Crayola® Washable Markers, Classic Colors, Broad Tip, 8 ct.
The Johnston County Board of Education will hold a special session on Tuesday, Aug. 27. The closed session meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. and be held in the Evander Simpson Building in Smithfield.
Johnston County Public Schools will begin using Here Comes the Bus in the 2019-2020 school year! Here Comes the Bus is a school bus tracking app that gives parents real-time bus location information and alerts to get students to the bus stop on time. The app is expected to roll out by the first day of school, August 26...
The Johnston County Education Foundation has changed its grant process from a three cycle a year process, to a once a year process. The grant deadline will now be November 15th each year and Grant Patrol will be held on the first Wednesday of December.
Our Open House will take place on Thursday, August 22nd. If you last name begins with the letter A through L, your Open House times will be from 4:30pm to 5:30pm. If your last name begins with the letter M through Z, your Open House times will be from 6pm to 7pm. Parents will receive a postcard with their teacher assignments in August so you know which teacher(s) to visit.
Johnston County Public Schools School Nutrition Services will be offering free meals during the summer months to children and teens 18 and younger through USDA Food and Nutrition Services. Schools serving free summer meals include Cooper Elementary, Micro Elementary, Selma Elementary, and West Smithfield Elementary.
Every summer many students go off on vacation before turning in all of their library books. We encourage students and their families to bring in missing library books over the summer as soon as the items are found to prevent possible loss or damage and to allow the media center to complete the end-of-the-year inventory. Click here to view your library account status to see if you have any overdue/missing items.