Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Deanna Fairclough
Hello!! My name is Deanna Fairclough and I have taught for over 20 years. I was not born, but I was raised in North Carolina down east. I have loved the UNC Tar Heels since 3rd grade and I love watching them play basketball!! I am so excited and blessed to teach First Grade at River Dell!
2019-2020 First Grade
9:00-10:00 Social Studies/Science
2:30-2:45 Real Aloud (Snack)
3:30-3:45 Read Aloud
- (1) - Headphones
- (1) - 3-Ring Nylon Pencil Pouch
- (4) - Crayola® Crayons, 24 ct.
- (1) - Kids Scissors
- (2) - Ticonderoga® #2 Pencils, Pre-Sharpened, 12 ct., Yellow
- (16) -Elmer's® Small Washable All Purpose School Glue Stick, .21 oz.
- (2) - Wide Ruled Composition Book, 100 ct., Black
- (2) - Primary Journal Handwriting and Sketch, Blank on Top, Primary Ruled on Bottom, 80 ct.
- (4) - Expo® Low Odor Dry Erase Marker, Fine Tip, Black
- (1) - 2 Pocket Heavy Duty Poly Folder with Brads, Green
- (1) - 2 Pocket Heavy Duty Poly Folder with Brads, Yellow
- (2) - Vinyl Eraser
- (1) - Avery® 1" Heavy Duty One Touch EZD View Binder, White
- (1) - Crayola® Washable Markers, Classic Colors, Broad Tip, 8 ct.
Johnston County Public Schools will begin using Here Comes the Bus in the 2019-2020 school year! Here Comes the Bus is a school bus tracking app that gives parents real-time bus location information and alerts to get students to the bus stop on time. The app is expected to roll out by the first day of school, August 26...
We will have a walk to school event on Wednesday, October 2nd. This is National Walk to School Day. We will meet at the gravel parking lot next to Harris Teeter between 7:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. We will begin walking to school as a group right after 7:45 a.m. If you would like your child to join us for this event, a parent or guardian must walk with them.
Our 3rd grade students will take the Beginning-of-Grade 3 (BOG3) English Language Arts/Reading Test to establish a baseline measure of beginning skills. The test will be administered on Tuesday, September 10th. Please read the letter below for more information: