Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Deanna Fairclough
Hello!! My name is Deanna Fairclough and I have taught for over 20 years. I was not born, but I was raised in North Carolina down east. I have loved the UNC Tar Heels since 3rd grade and I love watching them play basketball!! I am so excited and blessed to teach First Grade at River Dell!
2019-2020 First Grade
9:00-10:00 Social Studies/Science
2:30-2:45 Real Aloud (Snack)
3:30-3:45 Read Aloud
- (1) - Headphones
- (1) - 3-Ring Nylon Pencil Pouch
- (4) - Crayola® Crayons, 24 ct.
- (1) - Kids Scissors
- (2) - Ticonderoga® #2 Pencils, Pre-Sharpened, 12 ct., Yellow
- (16) -Elmer's® Small Washable All Purpose School Glue Stick, .21 oz.
- (2) - Wide Ruled Composition Book, 100 ct., Black
- (2) - Primary Journal Handwriting and Sketch, Blank on Top, Primary Ruled on Bottom, 80 ct.
- (4) - Expo® Low Odor Dry Erase Marker, Fine Tip, Black
- (1) - 2 Pocket Heavy Duty Poly Folder with Brads, Green
- (1) - 2 Pocket Heavy Duty Poly Folder with Brads, Yellow
- (2) - Vinyl Eraser
- (1) - Avery® 1" Heavy Duty One Touch EZD View Binder, White
- (1) - Crayola® Washable Markers, Classic Colors, Broad Tip, 8 ct.
The Johnston County Board of Education has hired the North Carolina School Boards Association (NCSBA) to help facilitate its search for the next superintendent of Johnston County Public Schools (JCPS)....
The application window all JCPS Innovative School Programs will open Dec. 1. The district offers programs for high school and middle school students...
Due to impending weather we are moving our Race date up ONE DAY to Thursday, November 7th. Grade level run times will be the same. Please join us in cheering on our students as they take part in our Racerthon Fun Run! Run times: Thursday NOV 7th. Pre-K, EC, Kindergarten & 1st grade will run from 9:30 to 10:30am 2nd & 3rd grades will run from 11:30 to 12:30pm 4th & 5th grades will run from 1:30 to 2:30pm
During the weeks of November 13-22, third grade students in Johnston County will be administered the Cognitive Abilities Test. The purpose of this test is to give the teachers and administrators additional information to help assess the educational needs of your child. Our testing dates will be November 13, 14, and 15th. Please read the letter below for more information.
We will have a walk to school event on Wednesday, October 2nd. This is National Walk to School Day. We will meet at the gravel parking lot next to Harris Teeter between 7:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. We will begin walking to school as a group right after 7:45 a.m. If you would like your child to join us for this event, a parent or guardian must walk with them.
Our 3rd grade students will take the Beginning-of-Grade 3 (BOG3) English Language Arts/Reading Test to establish a baseline measure of beginning skills. The test will be administered on Tuesday, September 10th. Please read the letter below for more information:
February 17, 2020
March 13, 2020
March 16, 2020