Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Deanna Fairclough
Hello!! My name is Deanna Fairclough and I have taught for over 21 years. I was not born, but I was raised in North Carolina down east. I have loved the UNC Tar Heels since 3rd grade and I love watching them play basketball!! I am so excited and blessed to teach First Grade at River Dell!
I can't wait to meet you in the fall!!
- (1) - Headphones
- (1) - Nylon/sturdy Pencil Pouch
- (4) - Crayola® Crayons, 24 ct.
- (1) - Kids Scissors
- (2) - Ticonderoga® #2 Pencils, Pre-Sharpened, 12 ct., Yellow
- (8) - Elmer's® Small Washable All Purpose School Glue Stick, .21 oz.
- (2) - Wide Ruled Composition Book, 100 ct., Black
- (2) - Primary Journal Handwriting and Sketch, Blank on Top, Primary Ruled on Bottom, 80 ct.
- (8) - Expo® Low Odor Dry Erase Marker, Fine Tip, Black
- (1) - 2 Pocket Heavy Duty Poly Folder with Brads, Green
- (1) - 2 Pocket Heavy Duty Poly Folder with Brads, Yellow
- (2) - Vinyl Eraser
- (1) - Avery® 1" Heavy Duty One Touch EZD View Binder, White
While face masks are still required in all of our indoor facilities, students, staff, and guests of our campuses are no longer required to wear a face covering when outdoors. Students and staff may continue to wear masks when participating in recess or outdoor activities if they choose to do so.
The online application for the Johnston County Public Schools Preschool Program is now available. Parents who are interested in the JCPS Preschool Program are encouraged to apply early, as availability is on a first come, first served basis. The application window closes on June 30th.
Johnston County Public Schools has updated its plan to mark senior milestones, including prom and graduation while adhering to guidance from the Johnston County Public Health Department and the CDC in regards to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Plan A for our face to face students starts Monday, March 1st. Students whose parents have selected them to come to school for face to face instruction will come to school Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday each week starting next Monday. Wednesdays will remain a remote/asynchronous learning day for all students for deep cleaning of the building.
Johnston County School Board voted for students to return to school under Plan B stating Monday, February 1st. Our teachers will be contacting you to make sure you know which cohort your child is in. If your child is in cohort 1, they will attend school on Mondays and Tuesdays. If your child is in cohort 2, they will attend school on Thursdays and Fridays. Wednesdays will be a remote learning day for all of our students for a deep cleaning of the building. Mr. Jewett will be doing another parent information video next week to talk about what instruction on Plan B will look like for our students.