Colleges are coming to West!
Sessions are added as scheduled. Check back and listen for morning annoucements.
College Information Sessions: College representatives come to meet with students who are interested in their institution. No paperwork or previous preparation is needed on the behalf of the student. This is a time to hear more about the college/university and personally ask a college representative questions. Sign up for the information session here. The day of the event students will receive a pass which will indicate the meeting location. Student Services will deliver pass to students.
September 28, 2018 1:00 pm, UNC Chapel Hill Information Session
October 15, 2018 9:00am, Meredith Information Session (girls only)
November 6, 2018 9:00am, East Carolina University (juniors and seniors are allowed to sign up)
November 20, 2018 8:00am Navy Academy Information Session
February 11, 2019 12:00pm UNC Greensboro (open to juniors and seniors)
February 12, 2019 NC Central University (open to juniors and seniors)
Onsite Admissions: In the on-site admissions process, a college admissions officer will come to our school and interview students applying to their college/university. Students must prepare PRIOR to the meeting date by completing the required onsite admissions process (detailed below). When students turn in their required information to student services 2 days prior to the meeting date, they will receive a pass which will indicate the time and location of their meeting. Sign up here.
October 11, 2018 Methodist University ONSITE ADMISSIONS
October 17, 2018 Barton College ONSITE ADMISSIONS
October 18, 2018 Campbell University ONSITE ADMISSIONS
November 8, 2018 NC Wesleyan ONSITE ADMISSIONS
November 13, 2018 Fayetteville State University ONSITE ADMISSIONS
November 28, 2018 University of Mt. Olive College ONSITE ADMISSIONS
February 18, 2019 William Peace University ONSITE ADMISSIONS
REQUIRED ONSITE ADMISSIONS PROCESS:
1. Sign up at WJHS, Student Services, College Visits and Onsite Admissions tab.
2. Go to CFNC.org and complete the application for the college.
3. Request a transcript from Student Services immediately after signing up. Request here. Allow one week processing and pick-up time.
4. Make a copy of your ACT or SAT test scores. Sign into your ACT / SAT account and print scores. If you cannot sign into your account you will have to call ACT for help. www.act.org
5. Turn transcript and test scores into Student Services two days prior to the onsite admission date. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS YOU WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED FOR A SESSION.