Phone: (919) 365-4306
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Chemistry M.A.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction NC Teaching License: Comprehensive Secondary Science (9-12) Science: Chemistry (9-12) Middle Grades Science (6-9) Johnston County AIG Certification
Welcome to Chemistry! My name is Jennifer Corbett and this is my 14th year of teaching. I am graduate of Virginia Tech with a B.A. in Chemistry and an M.A.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction. This year, I will be teaching AP Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, and Physical Science. We will utilize Canvas for our instruction this year. Here's an About Me Slide.
Welcome back! I have sent emails to my students for the 2020 Fall semester with the link for their first class sessions on Monday. Please see that email or the Canvas page for the link.
This year I will be utilizing Canvas for my class pages.
To login to Canvas for the first time:
1. Visit the CHHS home page and scroll down to the Cannon Blast on the bottom right. The link for Class Link is posted there.
2. Read the instructions on how to login to Class Link and click on the Class Link button.
3. The first time you login to Class Link, you will need to enter the front part of your JCPS email with your email password.
4. Once logged in to Class Link, you will then see the Red Canvas button. Click on that. You may have to enter your Rapid Identity credentials.
5. Once in Canvas, your course should be listed in the Dashboard. Click on the course and you are ready to begin.
First Semester Schedule:
Block 1: Physical Science Syllabus
Block 2: Planning
Block 3: Honors Chemistry II Syllabus
Block 4: Honors Chemistry Syllabus
After School Office Hours:
Tuesdays from 2:00-3:00
Thursdays from 2:00-3:00
Changes in the NC Immunization Law require all adolescents entering 12th grade to receive a meningococcal booster vaccine. The Health Department is hosting a drive-thru clinic at the Agricultural Center. More information can be found by clicking the link above.
A special called session of Johnston County Board of Education has been called for Thursday, Sept. 24, at 6:00 p.m. in the Evander Simpson Building in Smithfield...
Progress Report dates will be shared by individual schools. It is essential to activate PowerSchool Parent Portal in order to review your child’s academic progress, school attendance, and to stay informed...
The Johnston County Board of Education voted on Tuesday, Sept. 8 to reopen schools earlier than originally planned. The new plan is...
Beginning Tuesday, September 8, JCPS will operate its curbside meal service at only its elementary school sites. Students in all grade levels can receive a meal from any of the 23 elementary school sites at no cost...