Phone: (919) 365-4306
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Chemistry M.A.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction NC Teaching License: Comprehensive Secondary Science (9-12) Science: Chemistry (9-12) Middle Grades Science (6-9) Johnston County AIG Certification
Welcome to Chemistry! My name is Jennifer Corbett and this is my 14th year of teaching. I am graduate of Virginia Tech with a B.A. in Chemistry and an M.A.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction. This year, I will be teaching AP Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, and Physical Science. We will utilize Canvas for our instruction this year. Here's an About Me Slide.
Welcome back! I have sent emails to my students for the 2020 Fall semester with the link for their first class sessions on Monday. Please see that email or the Canvas page for the link.
This year I will be utilizing Canvas for my class pages.
To login to Canvas for the first time:
1. Visit the CHHS home page and scroll down to the Cannon Blast on the bottom right. The link for Class Link is posted there.
2. Read the instructions on how to login to Class Link and click on the Class Link button.
3. The first time you login to Class Link, you will need to enter the front part of your JCPS email with your email password.
4. Once logged in to Class Link, you will then see the Red Canvas button. Click on that. You may have to enter your Rapid Identity credentials.
5. Once in Canvas, your course should be listed in the Dashboard. Click on the course and you are ready to begin.
First Semester Schedule:
Block 1: Physical Science Syllabus
Block 2: Planning
Block 3: Honors Chemistry II Syllabus
Block 4: Honors Chemistry Syllabus
After School Office Hours:
Tuesdays from 2:00-3:00
Thursdays from 2:00-3:00
Every JCPS parent was to fill ou the Second Semester Choice form to choose either the Virtual Program OR face-to-face instruction for each of their students by Monday, Nov. 30. If you were unable to fill out the form by Nov. 30 please contact your child's school for assistance. The form was to be filled out for ALL students in grades PreK-12.
We are offering a new opportunity for our families this winter break. Parents are invited to sign up to receive holiday meal kits that will be distributed from all of our high school sites. Each meal kit will include seven days of packaged breakfast and lunch meals per child.
Information on social distancing in school settings has been recently updated by the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS). Upon receiving information from the NCDHHS, we consulted with the Johnston County Public Health Department on the impact these updates will have on our school system. This ongoing collaboration continues to guide our decision-making as students return to classrooms for in-person instruction.