Degrees and Certifications:
John Ross Robertson
Hello my name is John Ross Robertson and im Agriculture Instructor & FFA Advisor at South Johnston High School.
- I am a graduate at North Carolina State University where I received a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Agriculture Education with a concentration in Natural Resources.
- I am a graduate a Johnston Community College where I received an Associates of Transfer Degree.
- 2011 South Johnston Alumni
- FFA Advisors for our South Johnston FFA Chapter.
- Recipient of the National FFA American Degree
- Before Teaching at South Johnston I taught Middle School Agriculture at Riverwood Middle School in Clayton where we created a chartered a FFA program.
- Master Mason at Relief Lodge #431 A.F. & A.M. in Benson NC
- Alpha Gamma Rho (AΓP) - Agricultural Fraternity at NC State
- I am excited to for another great school year and I hope we can make your experience in the South Johnston Ag Department a very memorable one!
Email - email@example.com
Fall Semester 2019
Block 1 - Ag Mech 2
Block 2 - Planning
Block 3 - Agriculture Mech 1
Block 4 - Agriculture Mech 1
Our district is launching a new portion of our website to further communicate bus delays and replacements with our families. We encourage those who have a student who utilizes our transportation to get to or from school to visit www.johnston.k12.nc.us/busdelays for updates on our school bus routes beginning Tuesday, January 18.
North Carolina schools are required to administer ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 to all students identified as English Learners (ELs) in the spring of each year to determine their progress in learning English. Each student is tested in four areas: Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing. This assessment helps us monitor their English language development.
Our district is continuing to follow the guidance and recommendations from the Johnston County Public Health Department, the CDC, and the Strong Schools NC Toolkit, and we will now adhere to a 5 day quarantine period for students or staff members who tests positive for COVID-19. This is a change from the previous 10 day quarantine time.
Johnston County Public Schools is participating in the Test to Stay Program, a voluntary study with Duke University and the ABC Collaborative. Due to that participation our students now have more options if they are deemed a close contact to a positive COVID-19 case while at school.
The Johnston County Board of Education voted unanimously to approve the 2022 Johnston County Public Schools salary schedule at their regularly scheduled Dec. 14 meeting.