Phone: (919) 894-7771 ext. 2725
Degrees and Certifications:
BA Psychology from Meredith College K-6 Licensure DEN Ambassador Google for Educators Level 1
I teach third grade and love teaching at Dixon Road Elementary. I went to Meredith College where I received a bachelor's in psychology and a K-6 licensure in elementary education. If you are in my class then you have signed up for the virtual learning program. I can't wait to get started with the 20-21 school year. I know it's going to look and feel a lot different this year, but we have been working hard to continue to create meaningful learning experiences regardless of where you receive instruction!
Schedule for 20-21 Virtual Learning
- 9:00-9:30- Morning Meeting- join the google meet by google classroom
- 9:30-10:30-Students will spend time watching recorded videos on google classroom. One for math and one for reading. (This is a suggested time.)
- 10:30-11:30-Enhancements-choice board on google classroom (This is a suggested time.)
- 11:30-12:30- Lunch
- 1:00-3:00- This will be my time to pull small group and meet one on one. You will get a specific time later for your student.
*8:00-9:00 and 3:00-4:00- Office House- These hours are designated to answer questions from parents through email and DOJO. You are welcome to message anytime,but may not receive a reply until these hours.
- 4 Composition Notebooks (No spirals please)
- 1 box of crayons or colored pencils
- 2 pairs of headphones/ earbuds
- 1 pack of dry erase markers
- Small personal Whiteboard
As we anticipate a return to a normal school year in 2021-2022, with our students participating in face-to-face instruction five days a week, we are offering an exciting new opportunity for families. In the fall of 2021 we will open a new school, the JCPS Virtual Academy, for any student interested in grades K-12.
While face masks are still required in all of our indoor facilities, students, staff, and guests of our campuses are no longer required to wear a face covering when outdoors. Students and staff may continue to wear masks when participating in recess or outdoor activities if they choose to do so.
The online application for the Johnston County Public Schools Preschool Program is now available. Parents who are interested in the JCPS Preschool Program are encouraged to apply early, as availability is on a first come, first served basis. The application window closes on June 30th.
Johnston County Public Schools has updated its plan to mark senior milestones, including prom and graduation while adhering to guidance from the Johnston County Public Health Department and the CDC in regards to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.