Phone: (919) 894-7771 ext. 2725
Degrees and Certifications:
BA Psychology from Meredith College K-6 Licensure DEN Ambassador Google for Educators Level 1
I teach third grade and love teaching at Dixon Road Elementary. I went to Meredith College where I received a bachelor's in psychology and a K-6 licensure in elementary education. If you are in my class then you have signed up for the virtual learning program. I can't wait to get started with the 20-21 school year. I know it's going to look and feel a lot different this year, but we have been working hard to continue to create meaningful learning experiences regardless of where you receive instruction!
Schedule for 20-21 Virtual Learning
- 9:00-9:30- Morning Meeting- join the google meet by google classroom
- 9:30-10:30-Students will spend time watching recorded videos on google classroom. One for math and one for reading. (This is a suggested time.)
- 10:30-11:30-Enhancements-choice board on google classroom (This is a suggested time.)
- 11:30-12:30- Lunch
- 1:00-3:00- This will be my time to pull small group and meet one on one. You will get a specific time later for your student.
*8:00-9:00 and 3:00-4:00- Office House- These hours are designated to answer questions from parents through email and DOJO. You are welcome to message anytime,but may not receive a reply until these hours.
- 4 Composition Notebooks (No spirals please)
- 1 box of crayons or colored pencils
- 2 pairs of headphones/ earbuds
- 1 pack of dry erase markers
- Small personal Whiteboard
Parents, please see this letter from Principal Kenneth Bennett informing you that Dixon Road Elementary School, has been designated as a Targeted Support & Improvement Additional Targeted Support (TSI-AT) school and a Targeted Support & Improvement – Consistently Underperforming (TSI-CU) by the North Carolina State Board of Education.
For the past 15 years, Johnston County Public Schools has honored our local veterans with a special Veterans Day celebration program. The 2020 celebration will be held virtually on Wednesday, Nov. 11. The online program begins at 11 a.m., and a link to the program will be posted...
Information on social distancing in school settings has been recently updated by the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS). Upon receiving information from the NCDHHS, we consulted with the Johnston County Public Health Department on the impact these updates will have on our school system. This ongoing collaboration continues to guide our decision-making as students return to classrooms for in-person instruction.
As students in grades K-5 begin returning to school, the curbside locations for free meals will now be located at each middle and high school. The curbside meal locations at our elementary schools will end on Friday, Oct. 2 and will open at the middle and high schools on Monday, Oct. 5.
The Johnston County Board of Education approved a back to school plan at a special called session on Thursday, Sept. 25.