Phone: (919) 894-7771 ext. 2725
Degrees and Certifications:
BA Psychology from Meredith College K-6 Licensure DEN Ambassador Google for Educators Level 1
I teach third grade and love teaching at Dixon Road Elementary. I went to Meredith College where I received a bachelor's in psychology and a K-6 licensure in elementary education. If you are in my class then you have signed up for the virtual learning program. I can't wait to get started with the 20-21 school year. I know it's going to look and feel a lot different this year, but we have been working hard to continue to create meaningful learning experiences regardless of where you receive instruction!
Schedule for 20-21 Virtual Learning
- 9:00-9:30- Morning Meeting- join the google meet by google classroom
- 9:30-10:30-Students will spend time watching recorded videos on google classroom. One for math and one for reading. (This is a suggested time.)
- 10:30-11:30-Enhancements-choice board on google classroom (This is a suggested time.)
- 11:30-12:30- Lunch
- 1:00-3:00- This will be my time to pull small group and meet one on one. You will get a specific time later for your student.
*8:00-9:00 and 3:00-4:00- Office House- These hours are designated to answer questions from parents through email and DOJO. You are welcome to message anytime,but may not receive a reply until these hours.
- 4 Composition Notebooks (No spirals please)
- 1 box of crayons or colored pencils
- 2 pairs of headphones/ earbuds
- 1 pack of dry erase markers
- Small personal Whiteboard
February 1, 2021
February 2, 2021
February 3, 2021
Johnston County Public Schools invites students and their families to learn more about our interesting options for our middle and high school students during our Virtual Information Nights on January 28 and February 4, 2021. Participants will be able to visit the virtual spaces for each program and talk with program coordinators and students from 6:00-8:00 pm.
The Johnston County Board of Education voted to return all Pre-K and EC-Self Contained students to Plan B, four days per week, beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 19. These students will participate in face-to-face instruction on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, with Wednesday serving as a remote learning day. All other students in grades K-12 will remain on Plan C until Monday, Feb. 1.
On December 8th 2020, the Johnston County School Board of Education voted to return to Plan C (Remote Learning), we would like to provide an update to parents and guardians of options to complete state-mandated End-of-Course (EOC) and Career/Technical Education Post Assessment testing.