Degrees and Certifications:
Hi, my name is Tonya Jones, welcome to 3rd grade at Wilson’s Mills Elementary School. I am so excited to have the opportunity to teach your child and I am looking forward to working with your family. I have an exciting year full of hands on learning and technology planned for my students.
Here is a little information about me. I graduated Summa Cum Laude from East Carolina University with a major in Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and a minor in reading. I am currently a member of three academic honor societies, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society for Educators, and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. I have committed myself to implementing the absolute best and current teaching strategies that have been proven to be successful.
I have an incredible family that I love to spend time with. My husband Derek and I enjoy spending time at home with our children Gabriel and Eva. When I am not working hard on school related activities, I am having fun with them. We love to travel and spend time outdoors. I personally love to read, learn about new cultures, and relax.
My Teaching Philosophy is that all students can learn when they are accepted for who and where they are in their educational journey. I believe learning best takes place in a positive safe environment that is full of laughter. Effective learning requires a collaboration between teacher, students, and parents grounded in mutual respect and trust.
Teaching is my passion. I couldn’t imagine myself doing anything else. I consider myself very lucky because I am blessed to have a job that doesn’t feel like a “job.” I love coming to school every day. I am extremely grateful to have the opportunity to teach your child. We are going to have a wonderful year!
If you have any questions about your child’s education or simply want to talk with me, I can be reached by either telephone 919-934-2978 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to teaching your children this year and helping them to reach their fullest potential.
3rd Grade Teacher
Johnston County Public Schools
Wilson's Mills Elementary
4654 Wilson's Mills Rd.
Wilson's Mills, NC 27593-0176
919-934-2978 ext. 6542
3rd Grade 2019-2020 Supply List
- 1 backpack (no wheels please)
- 1 cloth zippered pencil pouch (no hard boxes, please)
- 4 packs of pre-sharpened #2 pencils
- 1 pack of multi-colored click top pens
- 1 pack of yellow highlighters
- 1 package of dry erase markers (prefer low odor Expo)
- 4 boxes of 24 crayons (1 for each quarter) *write NAME on each box*
- 4 packs of pink block erasers
- 2 pairs of blunt tip Fiskar scissors
- 10 glue sticks
- 6 wide-ruled marble composition notebooks
- 2-pocket plastic folders (1 red, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 yellow)
- 2 packages of wide - ruled notebook paper
- Assorted color/sizes of Post-It notes (any amount appreciated)
- 2 packages of sheet protectors
- 2 packages of 4x6 index cards
- 1 box of gallon sized Ziploc bags
- 1 box of snack sized Ziploc bags
- 4 boxes of tissues
- 1 clipboard (slim-clip clipboard) Picture displayed at bottom right corner
- 1 pair of headphones to keep at school (Required)
- Due to frequent use students need a sturdy pair of headphones- over the ear. NO earbuds will be allowed at school.
- Large hand sanitizer pump
- Clorox type wipes
PLEASE DO NOT BRING: These items will be sent back home
- Colored pencils
- Hand held sharpeners
- Mechanical pencils
Johnston County Public Schools is seeking nominations for the district 2019-2020 Employees of the Year event. Nominees should be someone who embodies the mission and vision of the district while supporting the instructional integrity of the classroom and district but are not classroom instructors.
The Johnston County Public Schools Office of Equity, Information and Student Services is sponsoring a special discussion panel forum at Corinth Holders High School called We Are One: A Unity Forum...
The application window all JCPS Innovative School Programs will open Dec. 1. The district offers programs for high school and middle school students...