Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Courtney Parrish
My name is Courtney Parrish and I graduated from NC State in May of 2017- Go Pack! I majored in Elementary Education with a STEM concentration and a minor in English. I live in Raleigh with my husband, my newborn baby boy, and my puppy, Kingsley! I have wanted to teach since I was in elementary school, so finally having my own classroom is truly an answered prayer! I believe in positivity and encouragement, and also that each student is a unique person and learner that should be known and supported according to their individual needs and interests. Mistakes are a good thing as long as you learn from them, and any bad day can be turned around with a smile and a kind word!
• I enjoy traveling and have been to Belize, Taiwan, and lived in India for two months!
• I adore all animals and living things- even creepy crawlies!- but my favorite animals are elephants.
• My favorite hobby is reading- I added an English minor because I love literature so much.
• I taught myself how to play the ukulele from watching YouTube videos.
• I love chai, chicken nuggets, all things pink, and Kit-Kats.
2019-2020 Daily Schedule
8:20-9:15 Announcements/Morning Meeting
9:15-10:15 Small Group/Daily Five
10:15-11:25 Whole Group Reading/Writing
11:50-12:00 Read to Self
2:00- 2:20 Pack up/Snack
Johnston County Public Shools invites students and parents to come learn more about interesting options for high school students. The Information Nights will be held in the Smithfield-Selma High auditorium on Jan. 30 and Feb. 6 ...
The Johnston County Board of Education has hired the North Carolina School Boards Association (NCSBA) to help facilitate its search for the next superintendent of Johnston County Public Schools (JCPS)....
The application window all JCPS Innovative School Programs will open Dec. 1. The district offers programs for high school and middle school students...
There are no upcoming events to display.