Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Courtney Parrish
I hope everyone has a wonderful summer!
My name is Courtney Parrish and I graduated from NC State in May of 2017- Go Pack! I majored in Elementary Education with a STEM concentration and a minor in English. I live in Raleigh with my husband, my newborn baby boy, and my puppy, Kingsley! I have wanted to teach since I was in elementary school, so finally having my own classroom is truly an answered prayer! I believe in positivity and encouragement, and also that each student is a unique person and learner that should be known and supported according to their individual needs and interests. Mistakes are a good thing as long as you learn from them, and any bad day can be turned around with a smile and a kind word!
• I enjoy traveling and have been to Belize, Taiwan, and lived in India for two months!
• I adore all animals and living things- even creepy crawlies!- but my favorite animals are elephants.
• My favorite hobby is reading- I added an English minor because I love literature so much.
• I taught myself how to play the ukulele from watching YouTube videos.
• I love chai, chicken nuggets, all things pink, and Kit-Kats.
2018-2019 Daily Schedule
8:20-9:15 Morning Work/Announcements
9:15-10:15 Small Group/Daily Five
10:15-10:35 Morning Meeting
10:35-11:20 Writer's Workshop
11:50-12:15 Whole Group Reading
2:00-2:30 Science/Social Studies
There is still time to register for EdCamp JoCo, happening October 19th at West Johnston High from 8 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Attendees - this grassroots event appeals to educators from all walks of life. It's not just teachers, or just administrators it's for anyone! ...
There are no upcoming events to display.