1. Student Check-in Form This form is used by students who feel like they may need to speak to a member of the Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
2. Uniform Assistance Form This form is used for parents/caregivers who need school uniforms
3. School Parking Lot WiFi Access A list of schools in Johnston County that have WiFi access
4. Housing Resources List of housing resources in Johnston County
6. School Newletter This newsletter is for Parents, Staff, and Students (comes out on the 1st of every month)
7. Resources for parents/caregivers:
B. Parenting Class 101 Parents/Caregivers with children birth to 5 years
8. Professional School Counselor If you would like to know more about the Professional School Counselor
* (Working) School Improvement Plan
* (Working) Comprehensive School Counseling Plan
* (Working) Advisory Counsel
Phone: (919) 553-0256 Ext. 2365
Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Garfield Martin Jr and this is my 4th year at Cooper Academy. As a Professional School Counselor (PSC), I wear many hats and serve the entire population of the school. Some of my duties include Homebound Service Coordinator, McKinney Vento Coordinator,
I am 1/3rd of the Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Team. As a team, some of the services we provide are to include but not limited to; small group instruction (generally 4-6 weeks), Classroom instruction (bullying, building self awareness, etc...), Individual instruction, and consultation.
My mission is to help ALL students in the areas of academic achievement, career, and social/emotional development.
My office is located in the STEAM Lab if you ever need me and I can be reached via phone at (919) 553-0256 ext 2356 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
May 17, 2021
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Grades 3-5 Face-to-Face Students - MATH EOG
May 19, 2021
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Grades 3-5 Virtual Learning Students - READING EOG
May 20, 2021
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Grades 3-5 Face-to-Face Students - READING EOG
May 21, 2021
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Grades 3-5 Make-up Testing
May 24, 2021
9:00 AM - 3:30 PM Grade 3 Read to Achieve Remediation (for select students)
We are sharing information with our families about the Targeted Support & Improvement State Level guidance for schools who have underperformed on state-wide assessments during the past few years. Of course, last year we did not have End-of-Grade testing in North Carolina due to COVID-19 school closures.
While face masks are still required in all of our indoor facilities, students, staff, and guests of our campuses are no longer required to wear a face covering when outdoors. Students and staff may continue to wear masks when participating in recess or outdoor activities if they choose to do so.
The online application for the Johnston County Public Schools Preschool Program is now available. Parents who are interested in the JCPS Preschool Program are encouraged to apply early, as availability is on a first come, first served basis. The application window closes on June 30th.
Johnston County Public Schools has updated its plan to mark senior milestones, including prom and graduation while adhering to guidance from the Johnston County Public Health Department and the CDC in regards to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.