* New 20-21 Student Check-in Form
* (Working) 20-21 Parent Resources
* New 20-21 School Parking Lot WiFi Access
* New 20-21 Free Parenting Classes (For Caregivers with children up to 5 years)
* Coming Sept 2020 Monthly Social Emotional Learning newsletter
* (Working) School Improvement Plan
* (Working) Comprehensive School Counseling Plan
* (Working) Advisory Counsel
* New 20-21 20-21 Back Pack Buddy Form (English Version) Spanish Version coming soon
Phone: (919) 553-0256 Ext. 2365
Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Garfield Martin Jr and this is my 4th year at Cooper Academy. As a Professional School Counselor (PSC), I wear many hats and serve the entire population of the school. Some of my duties include Homebound Service Coordinator, McKinney Vento Coordinator,
I am 1/3rd of the Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Team. As a team, some of the services we provide are to include but not limited to; small group instruction (generally 4-6 weeks), Classroom instruction (bullying, building self awareness, etc...), Individual instruction, and consultation.
My mission is to help ALL students in the areas of academic achievement, career, and social/emotional development.
My office is located in the STEAM Lab if you ever need me and I can be reached via phone at (919) 553-0256 ext 2356 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Progress Report dates will be shared by individual schools. It is essential to activate PowerSchool Parent Portal in order to review your child’s academic progress, school attendance, and to stay informed...
The Johnston County Board of Education voted on Tuesday, Sept. 8 to reopen schools earlier than originally planned. The new plan is...
Beginning Tuesday, September 8, JCPS will operate its curbside meal service at only its elementary school sites. Students in all grade levels can receive a meal from any of the 23 elementary school sites at no cost...
Johnston County Public Schools has begun posting the number of confirmed, school-related COVID-19 cases that are reported to us by the Johnston County Health Department. This will give families and staff more information about how the pandemic is impacting the school system.