1. Student Check-in Form This form is used by students who feel like they may need to speak to a member of the Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
2. Uniform Assistance Form This form is used for parents/caregivers who need school uniforms
3. School Parking Lot WiFi Access A list of schools in Johnston County that have WiFi access
4. Housing Resources List of housing resources in Johnston County
6. School Newletter This newsletter is for Parents, Staff, and Students (comes out on the 1st of every month)
7. Resources for parents/caregivers:
B. Parenting Class 101 Parents/Caregivers with children birth to 5 years
8. Professional School Counselor If you would like to know more about the Professional School Counselor
* (Working) School Improvement Plan
* (Working) Comprehensive School Counseling Plan
* (Working) Advisory Counsel
Phone: (919) 553-0256 Ext. 2365
Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Garfield Martin Jr and this is my 4th year at Cooper Academy. As a Professional School Counselor (PSC), I wear many hats and serve the entire population of the school. Some of my duties include Homebound Service Coordinator, McKinney Vento Coordinator,
I am 1/3rd of the Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Team. As a team, some of the services we provide are to include but not limited to; small group instruction (generally 4-6 weeks), Classroom instruction (bullying, building self awareness, etc...), Individual instruction, and consultation.
My mission is to help ALL students in the areas of academic achievement, career, and social/emotional development.
My office is located in the STEAM Lab if you ever need me and I can be reached via phone at (919) 553-0256 ext 2356 or email at email@example.com
We are sharing information with our families about the Targeted Support & Improvement State Level guidance for schools who have underperformed on state-wide assessments during the past few years. Of course, last year we did not have End-of-Grade testing in North Carolina due to COVID-19 school closures.
Every JCPS parent must fill out the Second Semester Choice form to choose either the Virtual Program OR face-to-face instruction for each of their students. The Second Semester Choice form is to be filled out for ALL students in grades PreK-12. If a child is going to participate in face-to-face instruction for the second semester, the parent will be asked to fill out transportation information for the student in the form. A form for each student should be completed by Nov. 30.
Information on social distancing in school settings has been recently updated by the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS). Upon receiving information from the NCDHHS, we consulted with the Johnston County Public Health Department on the impact these updates will have on our school system. This ongoing collaboration continues to guide our decision-making as students return to classrooms for in-person instruction.