Boys and Girls Track
Coach Justin Orilio - firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Louis Paul – email@example.com
Cleveland Middle School Track and Field Expectations
- Be at practice every day – Monday-Friday 3:30-5:00. Please have your ride here every day on time in the bus parking lot.
If you are absent or late, you must bring a note from a teacher, parent, doctor etc.
Unexcused absences: 2=sit out next meet, 3=off team
- Academics come first. If a teacher contacts a coach about your behavior or grades at any time during the season, you WILL miss the next meet, even if it is the conference championship. This is your warning.
- Stay out of trouble. A full day of ALC or any OSS students may not attend practice or meets on those days and will miss a minimum of one meet.
- Get to know your teammates by name.
- Practice like you compete. Practice doesn’t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. You will get out of practice whatever you put into it. Many times a workout will be assigned that a coach cannot watch over. The responsibility becomes yours.
- If you think you are injured, see a coach immediately. If you feel like you just need some ice for sore muscles, follow these rules: Always put something (towel, shorts) between a bag of ice and your bare skin. Put the ice on the spot for 20 minutes, then take it off for 20 minutes and repeat no more than 3 times. It is common for muscles to be sore, especially in the beginning of the season.
- Do not miss a meet. We only have 5, including our championship meet, which not everybody may qualify for.
- Dress for practice. Always be prepared to run both outside and inside on ANY given day. Check the weather.
- Jewelry should not be worn, except sport watches. You may not listen to music during practice unless given permission that day.
Track and field is about running so be prepared to do it everyday.
Our goal is for students to have fun, learn about the sport, and improve throughout the season.
Cleveland Middle School Track and Field Schedule 2019
Feb 20 Feb 21 Feb 22
Please sign up to receive messages concerning things like cancelled practices, schedule changes or general information about the team.
Text this number:
Text this message:
Track Meet Information
Meets start at 4:15. Admission to all meets is $5.
Order of Events at all meets
100m Hurdles, Shot put and Long Jump