DRIVER EDUCATION IS CONSIDERED AN AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITY. IF ALL AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED, THIS INCLUDES DRIVER EDUCATION.
PLEASE NOTE: A student cannot take a Driver Education class until he/she turns 14 years and 6 months old.
Want to receive reminders and updates for Driver Education at CHHS? Join REMIND!
Go to <www.remind.com/join> or text 81010 and enter @437dck
Upcoming Driver Education Classes
IMPORTANT: The class dates listed below are based on the current school calendar. Inclement weather which causes the school's calendar to be amended could affect the class dates. Any changes to the class times will be posted on this site as soon as possible.
NEXT PARENT/STUDENT MEETINGS:
*Tuesday, June 4, 2019* (for students wanting to take either June or July Driver Education classes)
*Tuesday, July 2, 2019* (only for students wanting to take the July Driver Education class)
- A student is not eligible to take a DE class unless he/she has attended a parent/student meeting.
- Parent/Student Night begins promptly at 6:30 P.M.
- The meeting lasts an hour.
- Meetings are held in the CHHS auditorium.
- Please bring a black or blue ink pen with you to the meeting.
- Both the parent and student must attend.
- No money is required at the parent meeting.
SUMMER SESSIONS OF DRIVER EDUCATION
Session One: June 17 through June 27, 2019
Session Two: July 8 through July 18, 2019
- Summer classes run from 8:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
- There is no class on Fridays or weekends (no class on June 21 or on July 12)
- Parent must provide transportation to and from class for their child.
- For summer DE, the drop-off and pick-off area will be in front of the school building.
- Students must enter and exit through the front doors of the school.
- The last day of each session will be Alive@25, a JCPS requirement for Driver Education.
- Alive@25 for June will be held on Thursday, June 27.
- Alive@25 for July will be held on Thursday, July 18.
- The cost of a class, which includes the classwork, the driving, and Alive@25 is $90. Payment is due during the first 3 days of class.
- Students should bring water and a snack to their DE class. We will take a break.
The cost of a Driver Education class (including Alive@25) is $90 (cash, check, or money order payable to "CHHS.") Other logistics and pertinent information for each class will be covered with parents and students at the parent/student meeting.
Students & Parents: Pre-register for the class your child would like to take, as seat space is limited. Please use the link below to sign-up.
"ALIVE@25" Dates ($25 for course)
Email Mrs. Pinkowski to sign up for an Alive@25 class if all you need is this course (i.e., you took your DE class privately or in another state). Students who enroll in DE at CHHS will automatically be placed in the Alive@25 course.
Thursday, June 27, 2019
Thursday, July 18, 2019
Students, you may stop by Mrs. Pink's room at CHHS (room 311) if you have questions or email Mrs. Pink: firstname.lastname@example.org