Child Care Information and Application
(Application at bottom of page)
WHO: All children (K-5) who need childcare prior to or after regular school hours.
WHAT: Supervised care with games, learning activities, homework, and social activities.
WHEN: BSC 6:40 am – 8:25 am ASC 3:45 pm – 6:00 pm
WHERE: East Clayton cafeteria, gym, computer lab, playground, and media center
MONTHLY PROGRAM FEES:
Early Care is available for drop-off between 6:40 a.m. and 8:25 a.m. Cost: $91.00 per month per child.
After-School Care from 3:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Cost: $117.00 per month per child.
Both Early Care and After-School Care Cost: $188.00 per month per child.
Registration: A registration fee is required. The fee is $10.00 for either Early Care or After-School Care or $15.00 for both.
Drop in Fees: A drop in fee of $10.00 will be applied for any student that utilizes the services sporadically. This is a separate fee of $10.00 for each Early Care and After-School Care and this fee must be paid daily or weekly.
Late Fees: $1 per minute per child. After 3rd late pick up, the child may be dismissed from the program.
Payment: Bills must be paid by the 5th school day of the month. Late fees of $5 per day will be added until the 10th school day. After the 10th school day, the student may be dismissed from the program. We will accept checks, cash and money orders. Your child’s name and program name should be listed in the memo line of the check. If you send cash payment, place it in a sealed envelope labeled with the student(s) name, parent name, and program name.
We are excited that your child will join us! It is important that your child displays good behavior. All JCPS Code of Conduct expectations will be in place. Behavior issues will be discussed with parents promptly. Students with three discipline issues may be dismissed from the program and fees will be prorated on number of days in attendance.
RULES AND PROCEDURES:
- All parents will be required to leave updated emergency contact numbers with the staff.
- Administration of medications can only be performed in accordance with the Board of Education policies.
- Returned checks will be given to CHECKredi for collection. Two returned checks for “Non-Sufficient Funds” will result in the requirement for cash payments.
- Inclement weather policy will be followed.
- When the school system is on a delay, the school's before school care should observe the delay. For example, a 2 hour delay indicates Before School Care will start at 8:40.
- When the school system cancels all after school activities, after school day care programs should close at 5:30.
- When the school system closes early due to a school emergency or weather event, there will be no after school child care.
- Pick-up is in the cafeteria unless a sign is up stating otherwise. Parents must come inside and sign their child out. The parent must list on the application those who are allowed to pick up their child. If someone is not listed, they will not be allowed to pick up your child. Identification will be checked daily. The authorized person picking up the student MUST HAVE PROPER IDENTIFICATION FOR THE ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR.
- After school is dismissed, the students will proceed to the gym and begin with snack. It is the parent’s responsibility to provide a snack.
- East Clayton Elementary may seek medical care in the event that parent/guardian/emergency contact can not be reached.
We will use the Remind App to for group communication as needed.
Before School Care:
For text messages: Enter the message @eastclayto and send it to the number 81010
For email messages: Email email@example.com
After School Care:
For text messages: Enter the message @b8hff3 and send it to the number 81010
For email messages: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS: E-mail Sheron Wiggs at email@example.com or call 919-550-5311