East Clayton Elementary School
Child Care Application
Our program is designed to be a safe, stimulating environment for students whose family situations or schedules require child care before and/or after school. The program will be supervised by Before and After Care staff members. After school care students will have a designated time for homework to be completed and a time for outside play. All K-5 students who attend East Clayton Elementary are eligible to attend. Please read the attached information with more details about our programs. If you are interested in using these services, please complete the enclosed paperwork and return it as soon as possible.
MONTHLY PROGRAM FEES:
Early Care is available for drop-off between 6:30 a.m. and 8:20 a.m. Cost: $92.00 per month per child.
After-School Care from 3:40 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Cost: $113.00 per month per child.
Both Early Care and After-School Care Cost: $205.00 per month per child.
Fees based on Johnston County Public Schools’ approved rate of $50 per hour per month.
Registration: A registration fee is required. The fee is $10.00 for either Early Care or After-School Care or $15.00 for both.
Drop in Fees: A drop in fee of $10.00 will be applied for any student that utilizes the services sporadically. This is a separate fee of $10.00 for Early Care and After-School Care and this fee must be paid daily or weekly.
Payment: Bills must be paid on the 1st school day of each month. Late fees will start on the 5th school day of the month.The late fee is $5 per day until the 10th school day. After the 10th school day, the student may be dismissed from the program. We will accept checks, cash and money orders. Your child’s name and program name should be listed in the memo line of the check. If you send cash payment, place it in a sealed envelope labeled with the student(s) name, parent name, and program name.
Late Fees: $1 per minute per child. After 3rd late pick up, the child may be dismissed from the program.
Prorated August Fee: BSC $23.00 ASC $28.25 Both $ 51.00
Prorated December Fee: BSC $69.00 ASC $84.75 Both $153.00
We are excited that your child will join us! It is important that your child displays good behavior. All JCPS Code of Conduct expectations will be in place. Behavior issues will be discussed with parents promptly. Students with three discipline issues may be dismissed from the program and fees will be prorated on number of days in attendance.
RULES AND PROCEDURES:
- All parents will be required to leave updated emergency contact numbers with the staff.
- Administration of medications can only be performed in accordance with the Board of Education policies.
- Returned checks will be given to CHECKredi for collection. Two returned checks for “Non-Sufficient Funds” will result in the requirement for cash payments.
- Inclement weather policy will be followed.
- When the school system is on a delay, the school's before school care should observe the delay. For example, a 2 hour delay indicates Before School Care will start at 8:30.
- When the school system closes early due to a school emergency or weather event, there will be no after school child care.
- Pick-up is in the cafeteria unless a sign is up stating otherwise. Parents must come inside and sign their child out. The parent must list on the application those who are allowed to pick up their child. If someone is not listed, they will not be allowed to pick up your child. Identification will be checked daily. The authorized person picking up the student MUST HAVE PROPER IDENTIFICATION FOR THE ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR.
- After school is dismissed, the students will proceed to the cafeteria and begin with snack time. It is the parent’s responsibility to provide a snack.
- East Clayton Elementary may seek medical care in the event that parent/guardian/emergency contact can not be reached.
We will use the Remind App for group communication as needed.
Before School Care:
For text messages: Enter the message @eastclayto and send it to the number 81010
For email messages: Email email@example.com
After School Care:
For text messages: Enter the message @b8hff3 and send it to the number 81010
For email messages: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS: Email Sheron Wiggs at email@example.com or call 919-550-5311
East Clayton Elementary School
2019-2020 Child Care Application
*One application per family
*Student Name(s): ______________________________ *Teacher/Grade: ___________________________
*Home Address: ______________________________ *Email Addresses:___________________________
*Please check all that apply: BSC _______ BSC Drop In________ ASC ________ ASC Drop In________
*Mother’s Information: *Father’s Information:
Name: _________________________________ Name:__________________________________
Employer: ______________________________ Employer: _______________________________
Contact Number(s): Contact Number(s):
(H): __________________________________ (H): _________________________________
(W): __________________________________ (W): _________________________________
(C): __________________________________ (C): _________________________________
*Special Concerns/Medical Conditions/Allergies:
*Pick up is located in the cafeteria unless otherwise noted. Individuals listed below are the ONLY individuals approved to pick-up your child. Individuals MUST provide proper identification EACH DAY. Anytime this list needs to be modified, a written note must be submitted by the parent/guardian.
1)Name/Relationship: ___________________________ 2)Name/Relationship: ___________________________
3)Name/Relationship: ___________________________ 4)Name/Relationship: ___________________________
*Please read carefully and check all that apply:
_____ I understand the program fees.
_____ I understand that if my child’s status changes (becoming/ending full time, becoming/ending part time, no longer attending), I will send a note to the program director letting them know of the change and when it will occur.
_____ I understand the inclement weather policies.
_____ I understand that we may seek medical care in the event of an emergency and parent/guardian can not be reached.
_____ I DO wish for homework to be completed during ASC, but understand that individual tutoring is not offered.
_____ I DO NOT wish for homework to be completed during ASC.
_____ I have signed up for the Remind App.
My signature indicates that I have read and agree with the information and policies located on the attached form.
Parent Signature: __________________________________________ Date:________________
For office use: ____ Registration Fee Paid ___ First Month Payment Received (Month:_____________________)