The National Honor Society (NHS) is a nationwide organization that recognizes students for achievement in scholarship, service, leadership, and character. Members of our chapter perform individual acts of service around the school and in the community and participate in chapter service projects.
Link to the national website: https://www.nhs.us
Advisers: Alicia Mosby & Amy Harder
- Membership is only for students that meet the minimum requirements. These include:
- current juniors and seniors
- minimum GPA of 3.5 weighted
- have been enrolled at CHS for at least one full semester
- Students that wish to join our chapter must submit candidate information forms that are evaluated and scored using a weighted rubric by the faculty council. The faculty council votes to bestow or deny students membership based on their submitted forms' merits.
- The Fall 2022 selection process began on October 3rd, 2022 for qualifying students.
- If you would like a more detailed overview of the selection process, please view this document.
- Those participating in the Fall 2022 selection process need to join the NHS Candidate Hub Google Classroom. Students can find information for joining this page in their student email. PLEASE NOTE that only those participating in the selection process for THIS SEMESTER should join the Google Classroom.
- If you desire more information about the selection process, please view the documents linked here or reach out to Alicia Mosby.
See the sidebar for links to service forms.