Karra Kay Hester, Driver's Ed Instructor
Phone: 919-936-5011, EXT. 4453
PHS Driver's Education
The Interest Sign-Up Form for the January 2022
Driver's Education Class is NOW OPEN.
To be in the January DE Class, the student's birthday must be on or before July 18, 2007 and they must be in high school.
A parent or LEGAL GUARDIAN must attend the parent/student meeting with the student. An older sister/brother, aunt/uncle, grandparent is not acceptable. Parent/student meeting will be January 10, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. One parent and one student are allowed to attend and masks are required to be worn by everyone. You only attend the meeting if you receive a confirmation email that you have been accepted in the class.
Join REMIND to receive important updates and news about Driver Education classes at PHS. Text the message @driverPHS to the number 81010.
PLEASE READ THE SPECIFIC DETAILS RELATED TO THE PARENT MEETINGS:
- IMPORTANT!! A student is not eligible to take a DE class unless he/she has attended a parent/student meeting. A parent and the student are required to attend.
- Parent/Student Night begins promptly at 6:00 P.M.
- The meeting lasts an hour and a half.
- Meetings are held in the PHS cafeteria.
- Please bring a black or blue ink pen with you to the meeting.
- No money is required at the parent meeting.
- Only attend the parent/student meeting if you receive a confirmation email stating that the student has been accepted into the Driver's Education class.
"ALIVE@25" Dates ($25 for course)
Email Mrs. Hester to sign up for an Alive@25 class if ALL you need is this course (i.e., you took your DE class privately or in another state). Students who enroll in DE at PHS will automatically be placed in the Alive@25 course.
*The student MUST take Alive@25 and complete the course before they are allowed to complete the driving portion of driver's education.*