Karra Kay Hester, Driver's Ed Instructor
Phone: 919-936-5011, EXT. 4453
PHS Driver's Education
The PHS February/March 2023 Driver's Education Class
is closed. Our next class will be in June 2023.
To be in the Feb./March DE Class, the student's birthday must be on or before August 27, 2008 and they must be in high school.
A parent or LEGAL GUARDIAN must attend the parent/student meeting with the student. An older sister/brother, aunt/uncle, grandparent is NOT acceptable. A parent/student meeting will be held February 20, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. You will enter the building for the parent/student meeting at the Public Library entrance. We ask that one parent and the student attend the meeting. *You only attend the meeting if the parent/student receives a confirmation email that you have been accepted into the class.*
Below are directions to sign up for driver's education via phone or computer:
Click here for sign up directions
Join REMIND to receive important updates and news about Driver Education classes at PHS. Text the message @driverPHS to the number 81010.
PLEASE READ THE SPECIFIC DETAILS RELATED TO THE PARENT MEETINGS:
- IMPORTANT!! A student is not eligible to take a DE class unless he/she has attended a parent/student meeting. A parent and the student are required to attend.
- Parent/Student Night begins promptly at 6:00 P.M.
- The meeting lasts an hour and a half.
- Meetings are held in the PHS cafeteria.
- Please bring a black or blue ink pen with you to the meeting.
- No money is required at the parent meeting.
- Only attend the parent/student meeting if you receive a confirmation email stating that the student has been accepted into the Driver's Education class.
"ALIVE@25" Dates ($25 for course)
Email Mrs. Hester to sign up for an Alive@25 class if ALL you need is this course (i.e., you took your DE class privately or in another state). Students who enroll in DE at PHS will automatically be placed in the Alive@25 course.
*The student MUST take Alive@25 and complete the course before they are allowed to complete the driving portion of driver's education.*