Karra Kay Hester, Driver's Ed Instructor
Parents & Students:
Due to the current school closures because of COVID-19, all Driver's Education activities, including classroom and driving, are on hold. No times for potential summer classes will be posted until we learn more about school re-opening dates. Students who were completing their classroom portion, who were doing their behind-the-wheel portion, or who were scheduled to drive next -- you all will be first to complete your requirements as soon as Driver's Education is "given the green light" again (pun intended). This is a stressful and unprecedented time for everyone. The Driver's Education teachers at PHS will be ready to work with our students and parents as soon as it is safe to do so. If you have any further questions or concerns, please email Mrs. Karra Kay Hester at: email@example.com
DRIVER'S EDUCATION IS CONSIDERED AN AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITY. IF ALL AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED, THIS INCLUDES DRIVER EDUCATION.
PLEASE NOTE: A student cannot take a Driver Education class until he/she turns 14 years and 6 months old.
Join REMIND to receive important updates and news about Driver Education classes at PHS. Text the message @driverPHS to the number 81010.
PLEASE READ THE SPECIFIC DETAILS RELATED TO THE PARENT MEETINGS:
- IMPORTANT!! A student is not eligible to take a DE class unless he/she has attended a parent/student meeting. A parent and the student are required to attend.
- Parent/Student Night begins promptly at 6:30 P.M.
- The meeting lasts an hour.
- Meetings are held in the PHS cafeteria.
- Please bring a black or blue ink pen with you to the meeting.
- Both the parent and student must attend.
- No money is required at the parent meeting.
- Parents and students only have to attend one parent meeting.
The cost of a Driver's Education class (including Alive@25) is $90 (cash, check, or money order payable to "PHS.") Other logistics and pertinent information for each class will be covered with parents and students at the parent/student meeting.
"ALIVE@25" Dates ($25 for course)
Email Mrs. Hester to sign up for an Alive@25 class if all you need is this course (i.e., you took your DE class privately or in another state). Students who enroll in DE at PHS will automatically be placed in the Alive@25 course.
The student MUST take Alive@25 and complete the course before they are allowed to complete the driving portion of driver's education.