Welcome to the Riverwood Middle School Beta Club Homepage!
The National Junior Beta Club recognizes high academic achievement, promotes character and social responsibility, encourages service involvement to school and community, fosters leadership skills, and provides settings for your child to develop interpersonal relationships skills.
Junior Beta Club Eligibility Requirements for Beta Club
Students need to meet the following criteria to be invited to join Beta Club.
- All grades must be 85 or higher in each class for the whole year.
- Conduct grades should all be satisfactory.
- Students must have an overall 90 average or better.
Students need to maintain their grades and behavior. If students do not meet the criteria for a nine week period, then he/she will be put on probation. If students continue to not to meet the criteria, then he/she will be dismissed from the club.
Beta Club Membership Dues & Induction Ceremony
The Induction Ceremony will take place in the fall. Invitations will be sent home at the end of the first quarter of the school year with report cards. Please reach out to Mrs. Morgan or Ms. Jaen if you think your child should have received an invitation. As a reminder, there is a one-time membership fee of $20.00 to cover both national and local dues. *Parents, this year's Beta Club Induction Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, November 30th at 6:30 pm.*
Community Service / Volunteer Hours
As a reminder, in order to maintain membership in the RMS Beta Club, students must complete the designated number of service hours. For 8th grade students, the required number is 15 hours; for 7th grade students, the required number is 10 hours. Please complete the following google form to document each of your service activities. These hours are due by April 29th, 2022.
As a reminder, in order to maintain membership in the RMS Beta Club, students must attend at least TWO monthly meetings this school year. The dates will be announced on the Ravens News, as well as on the school website and our RMS Beta Club Google Classroom. If you miss a meeting, please check the RMS Beta Club Google Classroom, so that you can access the information we discussed.
- November Meeting - 8th grade students will meet on November 17th & 7th grade students will meet on November 18th. Both meetings will be held from 3:20-4:00 pm in the media center. Please let Ms. Jaen or Mrs. Morgan know if you cannot attend.
- December Service Activity - Our school guidance counselors have finished organizing the Angel Tree Service Project and will be reaching out to all students individually to provide them with the information needed. All items should be brought in a gift bag by December 10th, 2021. Please reach out to Ms. Parke (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you do not receive any information by Wednesday, December 1st. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, please email Mrs. Morgan or Ms. Jaen. Thanks!
This project has helped many families in the community and throughout the county. Beta Club students will purchase a gift for a family in need. The gift will need to be wrapped and brought to school in early December. Beta Club members will receive specific information in November.