Welcome to the Riverwood Middle School Beta Club Homepage!
The National Junior Beta Club recognizes high academic achievement, promotes character and social responsibility, encourages service involvement in school and community, fosters leadership skills, and provides settings for your child to develop interpersonal relationships skills.
Junior Beta Club Eligibility Requirements for Beta Club
Students need to meet the following criteria to be invited to join Beta Club.
- All grades must be 85 or higher in each class for the whole year.
- Conduct grades should all be satisfactory.
- Students must have an overall 90 average or better.
Students need to maintain their grades and behavior. If a student does not meet the criteria for a nine week period, then he/she will be put on probation. If the student continues to not to meet the criteria, then he/she will be dismissed from the club.
Beta Club Membership Dues & Induction Ceremony
The Induction Ceremony will take place in the fall. Invitations will be sent home at the end of the first quarter of the school year with report cards. There is a one-time membership fee of $30.00 to cover both national and local dues. Please reach out to our club sponsors if you believe your child should receive an invitation.
Community Service / Volunteer Hours
As a reminder, in order to maintain membership in the RMS Beta Club, students must complete the designated number of service hours. For 8th grade students, the required number is 15 hours; for 7th grade students, the required number is 10 hours. Service opportunities will be posted in the Beta Club Google Classroom as they are sent to us. Please do not forget to complete the following Google form to document each of your service activities. These hours are due by Friday, April 21st, 2023.
As a reminder, in order to maintain membership in the RMS Beta Club, students must attend at least TWO meetings during the school year. The dates will be announced on the Ravens News, as well as on the school website and our RMS Beta Club Google Classroom. If you miss a meeting, please check the RMS Beta Club Google Classroom, so that you can access the information we discussed.
- Fall Service Activity - For our Fall Service Activity, Beta Club students will participate in our school's Angel Tree Project, which helps many families in our community and throughout the county. Our school guidance counselors will provide students with the information needed, so that all Beta Club students can purchase a gift for a family in need. The gift should be wrapped/placed in a gift bag and brought to school during the first week of December.
- Spring Service Activity - This year, Teacher Appreciation Week begins on Monday, May 8 and ends on Friday, May 12, 2023. For our Spring Service Activity, each student will create a Teacher Appreciation card. The card should be general enough that we can give it to ANY teacher in the building. Please DO NOT include a specific teacher's name. The card should include a $5 gift card to a store or restaurant of your choosing. Your completed card should be turned in by Friday, May 5th, 2023. All students who turn in a card will earn credit for one service hour.
- Year- Long Service Opportunity - The North Carolina Down Syndrome Alliance empowers, connects, and supports the lifespan of individuals with Down Syndrome, their families, and the community through outreach, advocacy, and education. You may find service opportunities to complete on your own time by visiting this link - NCDSA Volunteer link.
Please email Ms. Jaen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.