Phone: 919 934-5191
Degrees and Certifications:
BA in Mathematics from York College, CUNY MA in Education from Adelphi University, LI. AP Statistics Certified AIG Certified Honors Program Certified
Mr. Raul Menjivar
I've been part of Sparta Nation for the 12th year, and proud to be an spartan.
By God's grace I have a BA in Mathematics from York College and Queens College in New York.
A Masters Degree in Urban Education (for Middle and High School) from Adelphi University.
Currently certified to teach AIG, IB math studies, Honors, and AP Statistics.
However, the most important part of myself is having three loving children and an awesome wife who are a blessing from our God.
I love mathematics, and I try to have fun everyday.
Students and Guardians: We are going through difficult times as a nation. However, we encourage you to remain positive, follow hygiene guidelines and support each other in any way possible.
You will be directed to different websites that you can use to make the best during our social distance time. Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
All resources are FREE!
● Free Audio Stories:
○ Storyline : Children’s books read by famous people
○ Unite for Literacy
○ Schedule of Authors Reading Live
● Libby: If you have a library card, you can access your library’s audiobooks and ebooks
● Scholastic Learn at Home: Options for grades Pre-K and up, each day it includes 4
cross-curricular learning experiences, each built around a story or video.
● Typing Club: Practice keyboarding skills
● Handwriting Heroes: Only available on Apple products; interactive handwriting instruction and
● Story Starters for Writing Ideas
● Start a Google Doc: Share it with a teacher, friend or family member and use it to journal or
communicate back and forth
● Math Games: K-6th grade
● Club Sci Kidz: Grades K-5; every day they are posting a blog that explores a topic, features
educational videos about the topic and ends with a related science experiment
● Virtual Field Trips Around the World
● List of More Virtual Field Trip Opportunities
● Project Explorer: Bringing the world into the classroom with free videos and content about
different places and adventures around the globe
● NY Times "What's Going On in This Picture?": Ages 13+; each Monday, NY Times is posting a
caption-less photo; kids are supposed to comment with their guess of what is going on in the
photo; answer is revealed each Thursday
● GoNoodle: 100s of interactive videos that’ll get kids moving
● Kid-Friendly Workouts: Led by kids
● Growth Mindset: A handful of growth mindset activities
● Recognizing Strengths Activity: An activity to help students recognize their strengths
● Accomplishment Box: An activity to help students identify what they’ve accomplished
● Identifying Feelings Game: Watch a video and guess what the person in the video was feeling
● Quandary Game: Ages 8+, a free interactive game in ethical decision making
● Mindfulness Apps:
○ Super Stretch Yoga: Pre-K-5
○ Three Good Things Journal: Each day, kids journal 3 good things that happened in their
○ Sesame Street App: Pre-K; Breath, Think, Do with Sesame teaches calming down
○ Smiling Mind: Mindfulness for ALL ages
○ Meditation for Kids
Just for Fun:
● Drawing Instruction: 1 new YouTube post each day from author and illustrator Mo Willems
● Coloring Pages: Download and print
● Livestream from the Cincinnati Zoo: 1 new YouTube post each day
● Kid-Friendly Podcast: The creator and host of one of the podcasts is Guy Raz from NPR
● Wonderopolis: Every day they pose an interesting question and explore answers to it
● How To Videos: Everything from “how to spin a basketball on your finger” to “how to say hello
in 15 languages”
● Music Lab: Make music on the computer
● Healing Harmony Music Therapy with Trina Rainey: Preschool; on YouTube; incorporates
children's literature and sing alongs
Screen Free Ideas:
● Screen Free Activities
● More Screen Free Activities
● Indoor Games
● Letter Crafts
● Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
● 13 Ways to Learn with Everyday Objects
Subjects typically assigned are:
H Math II
H Math III
Advanced Functions and Modeling
H Discrete Mathematics
Progress Report dates will be shared by individual schools. It is essential to activate PowerSchool Parent Portal in order to review your child’s academic progress, school attendance, and to stay informed...
The Johnston County Board of Education voted on Tuesday, Sept. 8 to reopen schools earlier than originally planned. The new plan is...
Beginning Tuesday, September 8, JCPS will operate its curbside meal service at only its elementary school sites. Students in all grade levels can receive a meal from any of the 23 elementary school sites at no cost...
Johnston County Public Schools has begun posting the number of confirmed, school-related COVID-19 cases that are reported to us by the Johnston County Health Department. This will give families and staff more information about how the pandemic is impacting the school system.
If you’re interested in taking Career and College Promise (CCP) courses at Johnston Community College (JCC) this Spring 2021, NOW is the time to apply through October 2, 2020.
Students who still need Chromebooks and other learning materials may come to the school this week 8-3.
For the new school year, SSS students may pick up any needed technology and learning materials based upon the schedule shared below.
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Senior Class Breakfast [RESCHEDULED FOR 9/25]
September 25, 2020
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Senior Breakfast and Distribution of Senior T-shirts and Cap & Gown Packets
October 1, 2020
October 3, 2020
6:00 AM - 3:00 PM SAT
October 14, 2020