Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. in Child Study, Birth-Grade 6 M.S.A Student @ ECU Part-Time Administrative Intern
Welcome to SSE!! I hope you all are enjoying our 1st month back at school!
It is great to work with children and be able to watch them learn and grow! I have been teaching at South Smithfield Elementary since January of 2015. I work in the Pre-K classroom, but love spending time getting to know ALL of our dynamic dolphins! I truly enjoy growing our school in Relationships, Relevance, and Innovation to be the best we can be! Have a DYNAMIC DAY!!
Click here to lean more about our Preschool Curriculum
Important information about our DYNAMIC School....
Mission: South Smithfield Elementary School empowers students to reach their highest potential in the classroom and in the world by:
- building relationships with others
- acquiring knowledge through inquiry
- making a positive contribution to society
- being internationally-minded and
- embracing diversity
Vision: South Smithfield Elementary School students will be prepared and inspired to make the world a better place.
- We BELIEVE students are THE top priority – safety, success, and overall well-being
- We BELIEVE all stakeholders are valued and respected
- We BELIEVE commitment to professional growth and development is required
- We BELIEVE continuous analysis is necessary to ensure SSE processes are benefiting student achievement and growth
- We BELIEVE parental involvement and engagement should be encouraged regardless of language or socio-economic status
- We BELIEVE transparency is essential at all levels
- We BELIEVE establishing relationships, providing relevant learning opportunities and using innovative teaching techniques
- We BELIEVE in personalized learning
- We BELIEVE that we are DIFFERENCE MAKERS!
- We BELIEVE we are DYNAMIC!
Our Class Schedule
Clean Up & Wash hands
Potty & Wash hands
Potty & Wash hands
Music & Movement
Pack up/Car pick up
The Johnston County Board of Education meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 14, at 4p.m. in the Evander Simpson Building in Smithfield. To comply with the Governor’s Executive Order, only the board members will be allowed in the boardroom. However, the open session portions of the meeting and all announcements will be accessible to the public via the livestream available online at www.johnston.k12.nc.us/boelive...
Based on guidance from the Johnston County Health Department and taking into consideration the growing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the county in recent weeks, the original plan to host “modified” traditional graduation ceremonies will not be possible....
THURSDAY, JULY 2, 2020
After careful review of the current trends regarding COVID-19, Johnston County Public Schools will delay voluntary workouts for high school fall sports athletic teams until at least July 20...
Johnston County Public Schools has begun planning three possible reopening plans for the 2020-2021 school year in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Based upon recently released documents provided to all school districts...
As the school year comes to a close, please note that JCPS meal service will now operate at 9 sites during the summer months, rather than the previous 14. Summer meal service will begin Monday, June 1. Curbside meals will be served Monday through Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Benson Middle, Clayton Middle, Four Oaks Elementary, North Johnston Middle, Princeton Elementary, Selma Elementary, Smithfield-Selma High, West Clayton Elementary, and West Smithfield Elementary.
Attention parents of 4-year-olds: Are you interested in your child attending a free preschool program? The NC PreK program is designed to provide 4-year-old children with positive early learning experiences that support their development and prepare them for Kindergarten.
School may be closed but learning for our dynamic dolphins is not! Our teachers remain committed to providing learning opportunities for your students until the end of May as we still value the importance of continued academic experiences. Please click for more information...