Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. in Child Study, Birth-Grade 6 M.S.A Student @ ECU Part-Time Administrative Intern
Welcome to SSE!! I hope you all are enjoying our 1st month back at school!
It is great to work with children and be able to watch them learn and grow! I have been teaching at South Smithfield Elementary since January of 2015. I work in the Pre-K classroom, but love spending time getting to know ALL of our dynamic dolphins! I truly enjoy growing our school in Relationships, Relevance, and Innovation to be the best we can be! Have a DYNAMIC DAY!!
Click here to lean more about our Preschool Curriculum
Important information about our DYNAMIC School....
Mission: South Smithfield Elementary School empowers students to reach their highest potential in the classroom and in the world by:
- building relationships with others
- acquiring knowledge through inquiry
- making a positive contribution to society
- being internationally-minded and
- embracing diversity
Vision: South Smithfield Elementary School students will be prepared and inspired to make the world a better place.
- We BELIEVE students are THE top priority – safety, success, and overall well-being
- We BELIEVE all stakeholders are valued and respected
- We BELIEVE commitment to professional growth and development is required
- We BELIEVE continuous analysis is necessary to ensure SSE processes are benefiting student achievement and growth
- We BELIEVE parental involvement and engagement should be encouraged regardless of language or socio-economic status
- We BELIEVE transparency is essential at all levels
- We BELIEVE establishing relationships, providing relevant learning opportunities and using innovative teaching techniques
- We BELIEVE in personalized learning
- We BELIEVE that we are DIFFERENCE MAKERS!
- We BELIEVE we are DYNAMIC!
Our Class Schedule
Clean Up & Wash hands
Potty & Wash hands
Potty & Wash hands
Music & Movement
Pack up/Car pick up
The extended learning opportunities that are posted require the use of a device such as a computer. If you do not have a device at home, yet have access to wifi (a wireless internet connection), the school will loan you a device during this time of extended learning .
As you are aware, per Governor Cooper's Executive Order, schools will remain closed until May 15. At this time, there is an online repository of student learning opportunities on the website to keep students engaged.
Out of an abundance of caution and to assure the safety of our students, teachers, families and community, Johnston County Ed Foundation has made the very difficult decision to cancel the Showcase of Stars event scheduled for Saturday, March 14. Please click here for more information.