Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. in History from Pennsylvania Military College. My teacher Certification is from East Carolina University.
I received my BA in History from Pennsylvania Military College in Chester, PA. I received my commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in the USMC from college in 1974. I am a former Vietnam Era USMC Veteran. I served this country proudly for twelve years. I have been all over the world. My family heritage is German, Austrian, Hungarian, and Irish.I speak bits and pieces of about ten Foreign Languages. I am most fluent in German. I have been happily married to my wife, Ms. Linda Pfohl, for the past 30 years. My son, Mark, and his family live in Fayetteville, NC. I have been teaching in Middle School for the past 15 years. The last ten years I have been teaching 7th Grade Social Studies here at Slelma Middle School. I have been coaching Middle School sports for twelve years. I have coached football, softball, baseball, and volleyball at the Middle School level. I participate in the North Carolina Senior Olympics. I enjoy reading, writing, math, military history, history in general, sports, hunting, fishing, swimming, wood-working, model building, gaming, cooking, and other hobbies.
7th Grade Hallway Schedule
2nd Period: 8:02-9:12 - (Electives)
3rd Period/ER: 9:14-9:44
4th Period: 9:46-10:56
5th Period: 10:58-12:41
7th Lunch: 11:35-12:05
6th Period: 12:43-1:53
7th Period: 1:55-3:05
Bus Rider Dismissal 3:05
Car Rider Dismissal 3:10
Welcome to Coach Pfohl's Social Studies Class:
Week of 28 August to September 01:
* Students will be introduced to the 7th Grade Social Studies Curriculum.
* Students will be introduced to the classroom procedures for my classroom.
* Students will be instructed in how to properly use thier Student Agendas.
* Students will be instructed in how to Organize their 3-Ring Binder.
* Students will be instructed in how to set up and use the Frayer Model for learning their "new" Social Studies Vocabulary.