Degrees and Certifications:
- Main Page: This houses a bio about myself, classroom supplies, and wish list.
- Meet Ms. Birkhead: A little more information about myself.
- Syllabus: You can find a copy of my syllabus that is sent home with each student on the first day of school.
- Class Assignment Calendar: THE MOST IMPORTANT PAGE!! You can find what we are doing in the class each day and when assignments are due as well as when we will have a test / quiz. CHECK THIS WEEKLY!!
- Table of Contents: ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we do gets written or taped in the notebook. The TOC page tells students what goes on each page. Students' notebooks should have each page labeled CORRECTLY with the CORRECT item on that page.
- Document Page: This houses rubrics for one-pagers, novel projects, classwork or homework assignments, study guides, etc that I have passed out to the students. Students can print off these handouts if they lose their copy.
- Quiz Averages: For quizzes and test we take in class I will post the averages for each class.
- Class Activities: This houses links for in class or at home activities that the students may need to access.
- 3 or 5 subject notebook (Need for MY CLASS ONLY) (No other subject areas will be allowed)
- Pencils / Pens
- Highlighters (will be used frequently)
- Individual tape (to use for notebook - we tape everything in)
- Ear buds
- I do have markers/crayons/colored pencils/scissors/and tape in the classroom for use, but it would be helpful for students to have for personal use or extra supplies donated to my classroom.
- Paper Towels
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Candy (individually wrapped)
- **Extra supplies for the classroom
-Elements of Fiction
-Elements of Non-Fiction
-Article of the Week
-Elements of Poetry
-Students will create their own poems
At this time, all traditional high school graduations are still planned for May 29. Graduation ceremonies for Johnston County Early College Academy and Johnston County Career and Technical Leadership Academy will now take place on May 16th, rather than the original date of May 15th.
The Johnston County Board of Education will hold a budget work session on Tuesday, April 27. The meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. and be held in the Evander Simpson Building in Smithfield.