Degrees and Certifications:
BA in Liberal Arts w/minor in Computer Science From William Peace University in Raleigh NC.
Mrs. Cherie Galloway
Hello My Name is Mrs. Galloway
I am a graduate of William Peace University with a BA degree in Liberal Arts with a minor in Computer Science. I have over 20 years of experience in IT and the business world. I am looking forward to a great year working with my students to help them excel in all my classes.
I am a parent of two grown children and have three grand-children who we love to spoil and hand back. My husband and I are avid Pittsburgh Steeler fans and we try to make it to any game we can get tickets for. When not on computers you will find us riding our Harley's, we purchased them in 2015 and love to take rides on the back roads and enjoy scenic North Carolina.
I hope this finds you and your loved ones well. I wanted to let everyone know that we are doing our best to help you get through the next weeks and to help keep you engaged and hopefully able to retain all the information you have learned up till now.
I will continue to use Google Classroom to post activities for my students. I have provided the links for each of my classrooms below. Students can contact me via email or through google classroom comments. My goal is for the students to have one place to go for everything they need to do the activities for my class and to also reach out for assistance. If as a parent or guardian you would like an invite to view your students google classroom activities please contact me with your email address and I will send you an invitation so you can access google classroom.
Along with google classroom and I have set up virtual office hours using google hangout Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 - 12, to join please click this link meet.google.com/jxd-nbdr-edw ,
Pease feel free to email me or call my office extension if you need to contact me for any reason. My contact information is also below.
Google Classroom Links
All the staff at Riverwood Middle School is here to assist you through this time in any way that we can. Please reach out to me or another member of staff if there are any questions or concerns. Together we can make it through this.
CTE Business Applications Teacher
Riverwood Middle School
BU10YA-Keyboarding and Basic Word Processing 6th Grade Curriculum:
- Computer Viruses and Hacking:Learn about different types of viruses and Hackers, learn how they access computers so they can protect their devices.
- Introduction to Word Processing: Learn how to create business documents in Microsoft Word. Will cover formatting, how to use templates and Writing business letters.
- Keyboarding Concepts: Discussion of the keyboard and how one actually uses the keyboard in typing, practicing and working on our typing skills.
BU10YB-Introduction to Office Productivity 7th Grade Curriculum:
- Advanced Word Processing: Covering advanced aspects of the Microsoft Word Processing program for business documents such as agendas, meeting minutes, research reports and table of contents.
- Spreadsheets: Discuss and learn the basics of operations, formulas & formatting of the Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet program.
- Spreadsheets – Advanced: Learn more about spreadsheets by exploring Advanced Functions for conditional operators, using lists and how to use the lookup function to perform conditional computations. Learn how to create graphs & charts using data contained in a spreadsheet.
BU10YC-Office Productivity Applications 8th Grade Curriculum:
- Desktop Publishing: Discuss and learn the basics of desktop publishing using Microsoft Publisher. Learning about design principles and developing a business publication with the purpose and targeted audience in mind.
- Database Basics: Discuss and learn the basics of databases using Microsoft Access. To help understand the purposes for databases, learn how to create a database and understand database management.
- Presentation Basics & Techniques: Discuss and learn the basics of developing a presentation using the Microsoft PowerPoint program. Evaluate what makes up a good presentation. Practice making a number of presentations to the class.
High school courses taken in middle school will follow the grading presented for high school students. Students will have a choice of PC19 or a numeric grade for the Spring semester grade. Students enrolled in these courses should complete the form to decide their grade.
Attention parents of 4-year-olds: Are you interested in your child attending a free preschool program? The NC PreK program is designed to provide 4-year-old children with positive early learning experiences that support their development and prepare them for Kindergarten.
High school students and middle school students enrolled in high school courses will be given an option on how their grade appears on their transcript. Students should complete the form for their school to make their choice.
JCPS high schools will host “modified” traditional graduation ceremonies between Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - Saturday, August 1, 2020. Schools will communicate about specific graduation dates and ceremony times as we get closer to see what restrictions may limit our attendance participation.