Degrees and Certifications:
BA in Liberal Arts w/minor in Computer Science From William Peace University in Raleigh NC.
Mrs. Cherie Galloway
Hello My Name is Mrs. Galloway
I am a graduate of William Peace University with a BA degree in Liberal Arts with a minor in Computer Science. I have over 20 years of experience in IT and the business world. I am looking forward to a great year working with my students to help them excel in all my classes.
I am a parent of two grown children and have three grand-children who we love to spoil and hand back. My husband and I are avid Pittsburgh Steeler fans and we try to make it to any game we can get tickets for. When not on computers you will find us riding our Harley's, we purchased them in 2015 and love to take rides on the back roads and enjoy scenic North Carolina.
BU10YA-Keyboarding and Basic Word Processing 6th Grade Curriculum:
- Computer Viruses and Hacking:Learn about different types of viruses and Hackers, learn how they access computers so they can protect their devices.
- Introduction to Word Processing: Learn how to create business documents in Microsoft Word. Will cover formatting, how to use templates and Writing business letters.
- Keyboarding Concepts: Discussion of the keyboard and how one actually uses the keyboard in typing, practicing and working on our typing skills.
BU10YB-Introduction to Office Productivity 7th Grade Curriculum:
- Advanced Word Processing: Covering advanced aspects of the Microsoft Word Processing program for business documents such as agendas, meeting minutes, research reports and table of contents.
- Spreadsheets: Discuss and learn the basics of operations, formulas & formatting of the Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet program.
- Spreadsheets – Advanced: Learn more about spreadsheets by exploring Advanced Functions for conditional operators, using lists and how to use the lookup function to perform conditional computations. Learn how to create graphs & charts using data contained in a spreadsheet.
BU10YC-Office Productivity Applications 8th Grade Curriculum:
- Desktop Publishing: Discuss and learn the basics of desktop publishing using Microsoft Publisher. Learning about design principles and developing a business publication with the purpose and targeted audience in mind.
- Database Basics: Discuss and learn the basics of databases using Microsoft Access. To help understand the purposes for databases, learn how to create a database and understand database management.
- Presentation Basics & Techniques: Discuss and learn the basics of developing a presentation using the Microsoft PowerPoint program. Evaluate what makes up a good presentation. Practice making a number of presentations to the class.
The application window all JCPS Innovative School Programs will open Dec. 1. The district offers programs for high school and middle school students...