Welcome Back! We hope each of you had an exciting and eventful Spring Break LOL! We are thankful to have had some nice weather to enjoy.
We wanted to share a few pieces of information as we head into our first week with NEW MATERIAL:
- New lessons will be posted to the Powhatan website on April 20th. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uA_Y5YdpbuV8eoVcmBmPRB7OgsweHPwF-g0Jn6zs8jM/edit
- Students should spend about 2-3 hours per day on school work. Do reading and math first. Try to do science and social studies, but nobody should be spending 8 hours a day on this work. Please let us know if your child is having difficulty completing assignments in the alloted time.
- We will be meeting with students via video conferences on Mondays and Thursdays. (Homeroom teacher from 9:30-10:00 and “other” teacher from 10:15-10:45). We will also be available FOR THOSE WHO NEED EXTRA HELP on Tuesday (same times). Attached to this email is a schedule you can save or even print. Please make every effort to have your child attend these instructional times.
- Lessons should be completed in order. If your child misses a day, they should go back and do the work from that day before moving forward. You may wish to print the lesson plans and cross them off as completed, or make a virtual copy and highlight when done with each lesson.
- Students should go into our Monday/Thursday (and Tuesday if needed) video conferences using their student school Google accounts. We will meet using Google Meet and only students with the email account ending in @jcsnc.org will be allowed to join. This is for your child’s safety. Directions for joining our Google Meet call will be on the attached schedule mentioned earlier.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us should you need any help or have questions. Thank you for all you are doing to help your child continue their learning! We miss them terribly and hope to be able to see everyone SOON! Stay safe and enjoy this special time with your families.
Stay Safe & Healthy,
The 4th Grade Team
Danielle Reichard, Cindy Morgan, Laura Sullivan, and Cathy Besel
Attention parents of 4-year-olds: Are you interested in your child attending a free preschool program? The NC PreK program is designed to provide 4-year-old children with positive early learning experiences that support their development and prepare them for Kindergarten.
High school students and middle school students enrolled in high school courses will be given an option on how their grade appears on their transcript. Students should complete the form for their school to make their choice.
JCPS high schools will host “modified” traditional graduation ceremonies between Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - Saturday, August 1, 2020. Schools will communicate about specific graduation dates and ceremony times as we get closer to see what restrictions may limit our attendance participation.
We are pleased to inform you that the preschool classroom at Powhatan Elementary School has limited space available for enrollment in the Fee For Service Program for the 19-20 school year. The Fee For Service Preschool Program is designed to provide a high-quality early childhood experience...