North Johnston Middle School 6th Grade Supply List 2019-2020
The following items are REQUIRED for ELA, Math, Science, & Social Studies:
● 2 pair of earbuds or headphones
● 8 - 100 page marble cover composition notebooks
(threaded - NOT spiral bound...2 per subject area)
● Lined loose leaf paper
● Pencil pouch
● #2 pencils ( will be needed all year)
● Blue or black ink pen
● Colored Pencils ● Glue Sticks (10)
How to Overcome Challenges
in 6th Grade
1) Be Organized, and always come prepared for class EVERYDAY.
2) STUDY, STUDY, STUDY 15 minutes everyday for upcoming assessments. Look over vocabulary nightly!
3) Weekly formal and informal assessments are given out so be prepared!
4) Most of all show respect to peers and teachers.
Units that will be covered in 6th grade Science
Forces and Motion
Matter: Properties and Change
Energy: Conservation and Transfer
Earth in the Universe
Students Arrive 7:15- 7:40 Block 1: 7:40-8:45
Block 1: 7:40-8:34 Block 2: 8:48-9:53
Block 2: 8:37-9:31 Block 3: 9:56-11:01
Block 3: 9:34-10:28 Block 4: 11:04-11:36
Block 4: 10:31-11:25 Lunch: 11:38-12:03
Genius Time: 11:28-12:18 Block 4: 12:05-12:37
Lunch 11:53-12:18 Block 5: 12:40-1:45
Block 5: 12:21-1:15 Clubs: 1:48-2:45
Block 6: 1:18-2:12
Bus Riders Dismissed 2:45
Car Riders Dismissed 2:47
Degrees and Certifications:
Johnston County Public Schools will hold a Trades and Classified Staff Job Fair on Thursday, June 27. Attendees can learn how to apply for positions and more about what the district has to offer for our trade and classified professionals.
PowerSchool Parent Portal is more powerful than ever before. Now with Parent Portal parents can begin the registration process, check their child’s grades, update emergency information, and keep up with the teacher’s classroom lessons and assignments from their smartphone or computer...