Phone: 919-284-2031 Ext. 3685
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Amy Mooring
I LOVE MUSIC!! I am a 1990 graduate of North Johnston High School and a 1994 Graduate of Barton College. I have a BS degree in Music Education K-12 and I have taught Chorus in Middle and High Schools in Johnston County for 23 years. I have a wonderful husband and two amazing boys! I love the Lord and love to sing and play music with my family! I am so excited to be teaching your child and I am looking forward to a great year at North Johnston High School! Go PANTHERS!!
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram:
SHOWCASE OF STARS REMINDERS
A few reminders:
- We have a DRESS REHEARSAL Friday, March 8th during 2nd period! You will need to bring your costume and we will take a picture of the Showcase of Stars group that day.
- The Performance is THIS SATURDAY, March 9th at 7:30 pm.
- PLEASE ARRIVE at SSS Cafeteria by 6:30 pm so you can sign in and are ready to go to the Band Room by 6:40 pm. (I do not know if we will all stay in the Cafeteria as the holding area or if we will be moved to another room, so it is important to get there on time.)
- Parents/Friends who have not purchased a ticket can purchase one at that time if it is not sold out. (We are 2nd in the show.)
- SIGN IN on my sheets when you get there. If your parents are picking you up afterward, they will need to sign you out. If YOU are driving yourself, you can sign yourself out. If another parent or person is picking you up, please bring me a note from your parents and have them come and sign you out.
- REMIND YOUR PARENTS that they are NOT to buy a ticket for you. The show will be playing on the TVs in our holding areas so that you can see the other students perform.
- Parents who bought a ticket are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to stay for the entire show!! The show will last approximately 45 minutes.
- WEAR YOUR COSTUME!! And please do not bring food or drink. We want to keep the area clean!!
Showcase of Stars: TICKETS INFORMATION
Showcase of Stars will take place this year on March 9th at 7:30 pm. It will be held at SSS gymnasium due to JCC's auditorium being under renovation.
Tickets for the show will be on sale 1 HOUR before the show. If you did not purchase the tickets in the presale, you will not want to be late to get in line. This show normally sales out.
All seats are $15. This is for all ages. Tickets can be purchased with cash, check or credit card Only. Tickets will only be sold during Presale week and One hour before each Show. There will be no Online Ticket sales this year.
- 1st Block: Vocal Music
- 2nd Block: Vocal Music
- 3rd Block: Vocal Music
- 4th Block: Planning
(Vocal Music includes Beginning, Intermediate, and Honors in each class period.)
Parents and Students can sign up for the REMIND for your class. This is a program where information is texted to your phone with updates from the teacher. Simply text the Class Code to the number below. It will ask for a name and then you should be set.
CHORUS = @nojochorus
HONORS Chorus = @mrsmoorin
PowerSchool Parent Portal is more powerful than ever before. Now with Parent Portal parents can begin the registration process, check their child’s grades, update emergency information, and keep up with the teacher’s classroom lessons and assignments from their smartphone or computer...