Phone: 919-894-7161, Ext. 6654
Degrees and Certifications:
BS from UNC-Greensboro AIG Certified
Ms. Amy Hovermale
Get ready for a fun and exciting year of learning!!!
My love of teaching began when I was five years old. I had two teachers who were the most influential in my school years. I have been teaching for 33 years. The last 19 of those have been here at McGee's in 5th grade.
I was born in North Carolina, grew up in Granville County, and have lived in Johnston County for 28 years. I graduated from UNC-Greensboro.
Reading is my favorite hobby and I try to instill that in my students.
This year, I will be teaching ELA, Social Studies, Math, and Science with my class.
5th Grade Supply List:
We ask that you make sure your student has their own personal supplies due to our current health concerns regarding Covid.
- Bookbag, without wheels, please
- Two 1-subject spiral notebooks for Math
- Two Composition notebooks-one for ELA and one for Science (does not have to be the typical black and white marbled-any color or design is fine)
- Loose-leaf notebook paper (throughout the year)
- Kleenex & Paper Towels
- Glue Sticks
- Colored pencils
- Hand sanitizer (2 bottles)
- Hand soap (regular, no special fragrances)
- Clorox or Lysol brand wipes, labeled for Human Coronavirus
- Expo Markers
- Ear buds and computer mouse (optional for both)
- Reusable water bottle
I usually have plenty of pencils, loose-leaf paper, highlighters, and glue sticks.
If you need help finding any items, please let me know.
At their August meeting, the Johnston County Board of Education voted 4-3 to make face coverings required indoors in all Johnston County Public Schools campuses and on all buses for students, staff, and guests. This updated mask requirement is effective immediately.
The online application for the Johnston County Public Schools Preschool Program is now available. Parents who are interested in the JCPS Preschool Program are encouraged to apply early, as availability is on a first come, first served basis. The application window closes on June 30th.