Degrees and Certifications:
BS from UNC-Greensboro AIG Certified
Ms. Amy Hovermale
Have a safe, relaxing summer! I hope you find some time to read!
My love of teaching began when I was five years old. I had two teachers who were the most influential in my school years. I have been teaching for 32 years. The last 18 of those have been here at McGee's in 5th grade.
I was born in North Carolina, grew up in Granville County, and have lived in Johnston County for 27 years. I graduated from UNC-Greensboro.
Reading is my favorite hobby and I try to instill that in my students.
5th Grade Supply List:
We ask that you make sure your student has their own personal supplies due to our current health concerns regarding Covid.
- Bookbag, without wheels, please
- Two 1-subject spiral notebooks for Math
- Two 3-prong folders-one for ELA and one for Science
- Two Composition notebooks-one for ELA and one for Science (does not have to be the typical black and white marbled-any color or design is fine)
- Loose-leaf notebook paper (throughout the year)
- Kleenex & Paper Towels
- Glue Sticks
- Colored pencils
- Hand sanitizer (2 bottles)
- Hand soap (regular, no special fragrances)
- Clorox or Lysol brand wipes, labeled for Human Coronavirus
- One bag of individually wrapped candy
- Expo Markers
- Ear buds and computer mouse
- Reusable water bottle
The Johnston County Board of Education has called a Special Session meeting for Friday, June 25 at 5:00 p.m. The meeting will be held virtually. The open session portions of the meeting and all announcements will be accessible to the public via the livestream available online.
While face masks are still required in all of our indoor facilities, students, staff, and guests of our campuses are no longer required to wear a face covering when outdoors. Students and staff may continue to wear masks when participating in recess or outdoor activities if they choose to do so.
The online application for the Johnston County Public Schools Preschool Program is now available. Parents who are interested in the JCPS Preschool Program are encouraged to apply early, as availability is on a first come, first served basis. The application window closes on June 30th.