Degrees and Certifications:
BS from UNC-Greensboro AIG Certified
Ms. Amy Hovermale
My love of teaching began when I was five years old. I had two teachers who were the most influential in my school years. I have been teaching for 32 years. The last 18 of those have been here at McGee's in 5th grade.
I was born in North Carolina, grew up in Granville County, and have lived in Johnston County for 27 years. I graduated from UNC-Greensboro.
Reading is my favorite hobby and I try to instill that in my students.
5th Grade Supply List:
We ask that you make sure your student has their own personal supplies due to our current health concerns regarding Covid.
- Bookbag, without wheels, please
- Two 1-subject spiral notebooks for Math
- Two 3-prong folders-one for ELA and one for Science
- Two Composition notebooks-one for ELA and one for Science (does not have to be the typical black and white marbled-any color or design is fine)
- Loose-leaf notebook paper (throughout the year)
- Kleenex & Paper Towels
- Glue Sticks
- Colored pencils
- Hand sanitizer (2 bottles)
- Hand soap (regular, no special fragrances)
- Clorox or Lysol brand wipes, labeled for Human Coronavirus
- One bag of individually wrapped candy
- Expo Markers
- Ear buds and computer mouse
- Reusable water bottle
Johnston County Public Schools has developed a detailed plan to mark senior milestones, including prom and graduation, while adhering to guidance from the Johnston County Public Health Department and the CDC in regards to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The Johnston County Board of Education voted to return all Pre-K and EC-Self Contained students to Plan B, four days per week, beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 19. These students will participate in face-to-face instruction on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, with Wednesday serving as a remote learning day. All other students in grades K-12 will remain on Plan C until Monday, Feb. 1.
Every JCPS parent was to fill ou the Second Semester Choice form to choose either the Virtual Program OR face-to-face instruction for each of their students by Monday, Nov. 30. If you were unable to fill out the form by Nov. 30 please contact your child's school for assistance. The form was to be filled out for ALL students in grades PreK-12.