Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Amy Crute
I have been teaching for 24 years; 22 of which have been in Clayton. I have taught pre-k, second grade and Kindergarten. I went to Meredith College and majored in Child Development. I am an AIG endorsed teacher.
I grew up in Chase City, Virginia.
I have a wonderful husband, Steve and two awesome boys, Jacob-17 and Jackson-12. We have a 2 cats, Rocket and Shadow and a dog, Erin.
I enjoy going to the beach. I love Disney World and Disney movies. I enjoy going to the pool and watching my children play sports, especially baseball. My family enjoys going to area sporting events such as Mudcats, Hurricanes, and the Tarheels. We are UVA fans and love to see new MLB teams play. My favorite color is royal blue and I love chocolate.
I believe in a hands-on approach to learning and that learning needs to be fun and meaningful. I encourage children to have a voice in the classroom and to bring their personal experiences to the classroom to enhance our learning.
"The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go."
Dr. Seuss in I Can Read With My Eyes Shut
Supplies: (please label in black marker your child's supplies)
- Pencils (Please make sure your child has plenty of these)
- Small beach towel for rest
- Small box of crayons (24 box, be sure to have some at home for homework)
- 6 glue sticks
- Scissors (child safety, blunt tip, Fiskers)
- Book bag (not rollng)
- Pencil box
- 1 non-spiral composition notebook, wide-ruled
- Poly Velcro pocket binder folder (Staples and Target)
- Change of clothes in a zip-loc bag labeled with child's name (will need to change seasonally)
- 1 box of tissues
- 1 bottle hand sanitizer
- 1 Primary composition notebook
- 1 box of markers
PowerSchool Parent Portal is more powerful than ever before. Now with Parent Portal parents can begin the registration process, check their child’s grades, update emergency information, and keep up with the teacher’s classroom lessons and assignments from their smartphone or computer...